The Manager of Partnerships, is a new, two year grant-funded position which supports the partnerships strategy and implementation of National PTA's Healthy Minds Initiative, focused on mental health, and PTA Connected, focused on digital citizenship. The manager will facilitate the ongoing cultivation of relationships, champions, and strategic partnerships for both Mental Health and Digital Citizenship and build additional partnerships to enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion for National PTA's work in this space.
This position is responsible for:
- Creating, maintaining, and enhancing National PTA's partnerships in mental health and digital citizenship strategy rooted in diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Acting as the primary point of contact for collaboration with partner organizations, including but not limited to responsibilities such as the co-creation of materials; co-development and hosting of webinars, trainings or other engagement opportunities; cross-organizational promotion and dissemination of resources and opportunities for PTA and external audiences
- Leading the planning and execution of a signature day of service event for National PTA, including identification and collaboration with other national organizations.
- Representing National PTA in regular meetings with nonprofit collaborators for both mental health and digital citizenship, including participating and leading working groups and other meetings
- Developing and implementing a strategy in the mental health and digital citizenship space to fill existing gaps in subject matter expertise and expanding collaboration with partners with DEI expertise
- Leading and convening strategic group non-profit collaborator engagement opportunities, such as working groups or partner review committees, as needed
- Maintaining records of partnership engagement to ensure organizational continuity and alignment with other National PTA teams
- Managing the coordination of digital citizenship partners to support the facilitation of Safer Internet Day at National PTA. During this celebration, National PTA deploys new resources and hosts daily engagements for families and PTA leaders focused on online citizenship, safety and well-being education.
- Support internal communication efforts to keep the organization updated on key and outreach developments through presentations, meeting updates, and other written communication.
- Participating in cross-departmental task forces and collaboration opportunities focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion, mental health, and digital citizenship
- Supporting website updates, webinars, and other opportunities
- Supporting report-writing and internal communication through memos, presentations, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED SKILLS
- Exceptional program management and organizational skills are required. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience interfacing with non-profit partners
- Exceptional project implementation and management skills
- Organizational skills with a high attention to detail and the ability to establish and maintain deadlines
- Strong verbal, written and editorial skills are required
- Cultural competency in program development and implementation
- Ability to work independently and as an enthusiastic team player that is highly organized, flexible, and customer-service oriented
- Strong Microsoft Suite skills, including SharePoint and Teams and comfort using survey instruments
- Proven success leading the execution of programs preferably in a non-profit environment?
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- 5 years of professional experience, with at least two years of partnership work, preferably with an education nonprofit/association
- Integrity & Respect
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of work
- Project Coordination
- Customer Service & Desire to Serve
- Work is performed in a professional office environment; core office hours are 8:30 AM – 5:00?PM
- Position may require occasional evening and weekend work for special programs and/or events
- Incumbent routinely uses standard office equipment including computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
- Position located in NPTA, Alexandria, VA headquarters, but is currently remote.
- Position may require ≤25% travel domestically