849 Valencia Street
Founded in 2010 by author and educator Dave Eggers, ScholarMatch is the only major nonprofit that combines an innovative crowdfunded scholarship platform with game-changing college access and mentorship support. We envision a world where all students have access to higher education, support to persist to graduation, and opportunities to succeed in a fulfilling career. Our mission is to make this possible by matching underserved youth with donors, resources, colleges, and professional networks.
The ScholarMatch Data Analyst is a new opportunity for candidates with professional experience and a background in data science or other STEM fields. The Data Analyst will work closely with the Executive Team to provide data analysis, impact evaluation, and technology infrastructure management. The Data Analyst will work on new initiatives and contribute to important organization-wide projects.
This full-time position is based in EITHER Los Angeles or San Francisco, and will oversee all aspects of data collection, research, and evaluation for the organization. In addition, the Data Analyst will help implement and maintain the technology infrastructure and support the data needs of all teams across ScholarMatch.
The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical skills, advanced competency in Excel, some coding experience, a background of using data to measure outcomes, and a passion for the mission of ScholarMatch. The Data Analyst must understand how to work independently, learn quickly, meet tight deadlines, ask for support when needed, and consistently meet high standards of excellence in a fast-paced environment.
Data & Evaluation:
• Support data collection for all ScholarMatch programs
• Manage and analyze student data as directed by the Executive Team
• Create reports from data to show results, outcomes, and trends as directed
• Conduct data research for special projects and initiatives
• Support organization technology plan
• Manage technology infrastructure (database and integrated software apps)
• Support software integrations as needed
• Participate in team and department meetings as assigned
• Participate in bi-annual team offsite retreats
• Attend organizational events as appropriate
• Occasional travel between San Francisco and Los Angeles
• Other duties as assigned
• 4+ years work experience using data to evaluate outcomes
• Bachelor’s degree in STEM required; math, computing, or data science preferred
• Highest degree of professionalism, outstanding communication skills, and desire to collaborate with many different teams of people
• Superior analytical skills
• Advanced competence in Excel, experience using databases
• Understanding of database design and coding experience desirable
• Working knowledge of recent and emerging software applications to streamline and automate work flows
• Desire to work on a fast-paced, nimble team
• Appetite for solving problems through technology
• Meticulous attention to detail and ability to be flexible
• Passion for our mission and drive to help students reach their full potential
• Strong work ethic, commitment to meeting tight deadlines, willingness to do whatever is necessary to get the job done
• Sense of humor
• Benefits: generous PTO, health insurance, 401k with matching, transportation card
• Status: Nonexempt
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit your application by May 14th.
Ideal start date: June 25, 2018.