Full Time Contract
Details: depending on experience
3543 18th Street
The Women’s Building (TWB) is a women-led community space that advocates self-determination, gender equality, and social justice. We provide services and programs to empower women, are the home to a variety of non-profit organizations, and a community center with meeting spaces for rent.
The Women’s Building (TWB) is seeking an Advocacy Specialist that will act as a community organizer to implement the advocacy program to end sexual assault against women and girls in the Bay Area. Working in partnership with program staff, this position will be responsible for developing organizational expertise on the context and issues of sexual assault, engaging the community to increase awareness of sexual assault, training individuals/organizations to conduct advocacy work, supporting other organizations in conducting advocacy around sexual assault, developing a coalition to align advocacy efforts to address sexual assault and advocating for political change to decrease sexual assault.
This full-time, 40 hour a week position is new and will be based in San Francisco.
- 3-5 years’ experience in community organizing and program development including planning and implementation of campaigns, advocacy, outreach, working in coalitions, and planning events
- Familiarity with the issues around sexual assault (population, policy, advocacy)
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice advocacy
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, including experience in making presentations and/or leading trainings
- Flexible schedule which includes the ability to work evenings and/or weekends as needed
- Proficiency with basic office software and technology
- Spanish language proficiency strongly preferred
Full Time position with availability to work evenings and weekends as part of the 40 hours
Salary $50-55,000 annually depending on experience. Benefits include health, dental, retirement and generous vacation and sick leave.
Benefits include health, dental, retirement and generous vacation and sick leave.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply: Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply. Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by March 23rd. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.