3401 Market Street
Character Lab is looking for a Director of Communications to lead overall communications and marketing strategy for the Character Lab brand. This position will report to our Chief Operating Officer, Sean Talamas.
As Communications Director, you will take the lead on developing and implementing both internal and external messaging for the Character Lab brand and all associated products. This will involve working with internal staff as well as external consultants and agencies. On the communications side, you’ll be our point person for media partnerships and engagements, as well as take responsibility for developing our internal branding and style guide. When it comes to marketing, you’ll develop campaigns tied to various strategic initiatives, analyze and report on related metrics, and keep track of design assets.
The ideal candidate has led multiple and varied marketing/communications initiatives, feels comfortable handling multiple projects at once while delegating to internal and external teams, and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
- Develop, manage, and implement strategic communications and marketing plan for the Character Lab brand and associated products, including brand identity, internal and external messaging, campaigns, media partnerships, and budgeting
- Work with a marketing agency on all aspects of brand identity, marketing strategy, development of content and design assets
- Work with and delegate to internal team members as needed
- Engage media writers, media critics and media thought-leaders
- Be the main point of contact for third-party marketing vendors
- Develop branding and style guide for cohesive organizational communications and external messaging
- Oversee budget for marketing and communications activities
- Help to develop and implement marketing campaigns tied to strategic initiatives
- Analyze and report on the success of digital marketing, media marketing and communication campaigns to COO and CEO
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant, significant professional experience in public relations/communications required; direct experience in education or non-profit sectors preferred
- Demonstrated track record of success using multiple media channels
- Demonstrated skill in media management and outreach
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and an understanding of systems and procedures
- Excellent team leadership skills, including ability to lead multiple teams and world-class project management skills
- Strong ability to think strategically and creatively, and to create messages and materials that strike the right tone on complex issues
- Expertise in inbound and outbound marketing: SEO, email marketing, social media, etc.
- Fierce work ethic and sense of purpose, with the ability to work well as part of a dynamic start-up
Competitive salary is commensurate with individual’s experience and skills. All full-time employees receive a comprehensive benefits package.
- 403b with 4% employer matching
- Full health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Gym reimbursement
- Workers comp
- Short & long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Generous PTO
Level of Language Proficiency
English - fluent
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply here: https://characterlab.janehires.com/Jobs/cOKlJjAAHUioQ8NleSk8fg or on our Careers page (https://www.characterlab.org/careers)