Details: The role offers local salary, with basic accommodation, and visa support.
Our employment values
A deep commitment to child rights and the aspirations of the organization is an essential quality for all roles in Challenging Heights. We place more emphasis on practical knowledge, skills and passion than paper qualifications. We look for demonstrable skills and seek “can do” and “will do” employees. Challenging Heights strives to be an equal opportunities employer.
Purpose of the role
To communicate the activities, strategy and objectives of Challenging Heights to a range of audiences both inside and outside Ghana, through media platforms (social media and website), in order to increase understanding about child trafficking and its related women and youth issues in Ghana and to generate more support and funding for our work to end it.
This role will bring the candidate in close working relationship with staff at all levels, and it will require working in the office with significant time also spent in the field collecting new content. The role holder shall report to the Partnership for Development Manager, as well as work in close cooperation with the President.
Candidates with a minimum of bachelor’s degree and sufficient prior experience in media, especially social media and photography work experiences, in Europe and America, but with strong desire to work in Africa. Those with strong communication skills, who are looking for a new challenge to make an impact on the lives of children, are preferred. Experience living internationally preferred.
Candidates must be familar with the communication cultures pertaining in Western countries, as well as be able to adapt to the Ghanaian cultural environment.
We are seeking someone who could commit to staying on the job for at least a year.
· Responsible for Challenging Heights’ online media presence, including maintaining the website, and managing social media platforms
· Marketing the organisation, extending our reach and generating income for the organisation.
· Managing Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YoutTube accounts
· Writing monthly email newsletters and updates to donors
· Website administration and maintaining up to date information. Some light page design may be arise.
· Taking pictures, videos, and creating other visual media that will be used in Challenging Heights’ promotions and campaigns.
· Maintaining, developing and cataloguing all communication materials in a database to be used by the organisation and partners.
· Staying up to date on relevant activities for the purposes of communicating to external audiences.
· Assisting and supporting colleagues with other communication, media, and PR activities in order to help align messages, audiences, and content.
· Helping supervise communications and media interns and volunteers.
· Supporting specific Partnership for Development activities where such activities require communications support.
· Use knowledge of communication techniques and technology to improve other team members’ communication skills.
· Obtain appropriate beneficiary reports and pictures for Friends of Challenging Heights.
· Responsible for development and the creation of the Challenging Heights’ annual report, in line with the organisation’s best practices, and communications policy, for the appropriate approvals.
Minimum Education Required