The American Association for Justice (AAJ®) is seeking a Membership Assistant for its Membership department. AAJ works to preserve the constitutional right to trial by jury and to make sure people have a fair chance to seek justice when they are injured by the negligence or misconduct of others—even when it means taking on the most powerful corporations.
Job duties include:
- Provide customer support for membership hotline.
- Make daily retention calls, assist in pulling retention list and emailing members their renewal cycle.
- Check membership voicemails, emails, and faxes daily.
- Maintain clean, complete, and accurate membership database records.
- Process new membership applications, renewal invoices, create new member records, and update the membership database.
- Assist with data maintenance and integrity.
- Process reconciled daily batches, refunds, adjustments, and cancellation requests.
- Generate individual invoices.
- Assist with the coordination of all aspects of AAJ’s membership recruitment and retention programs including, but not limited to phonathons, mailings, and research of prospective members.
- Provide membership staff with weekly and monthly reports.
- Actively promote a membership and customer service culture throughout the organization.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or 5 years’ relevant work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Previous demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written.
- Customer service experience required.
- Prior association and/or non- profit experience preferred.
- Knowledge of CRM database preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Prior experience in NetForum preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Interest in social justice, politics, and protecting consumers is preferred.
- Some travel may be required.
*Due to COVID-19 this position will temporarily work remotely.
AAJ offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. AAJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please.
Click here to apply!