Details: Based on experience.
3519 Bennett Lane
Are you looking for a job where you will be changing lives every day? HALO is and international non-profit committed to serving children who need us most. This employment opportunity is for a full-time position of a House Mom, leading our HALO family of girls ages 16-21 and their dependents who live in our residential facility in Jefferson City, MO. This position requires living at the newly renovated HALO Home, which is nestled on 73 acres of land outside of Jefferson City. This position will provide support and guidance to both the parenting and non-parenting teens who live there.
- Protecting and nurturing HALO youth and their dependants, encouraging and empowering youth as they go through the program
- Meeting youth developmental needs
- Supporting relationships between youth and their families
- Supporting youth with lifetime relationships
- Be available to assist clients as needed, such as: drive youth to school, or Dr. appointments on an as needed basis and assist them with any issues they have with their apartment or living space
- Conduct a weekly meal and meeting for all of the youth and organize “Life Skill” workshops to take place once per month during the weekly meeting
- Serve as case manager for HALO Housing Program Clients and/or assign future staff and interns to serve as case manager
- Meet weekly with each youth to work on their progress on the programs 7 Focus Areas: Education, Employment, Financial, Parenting, Health, Spiritual, and Transportation.
- When a new youth enters the program, the Residential Supervisor will set up an initial meeting where youth goals are established in the 7 focus areas.
- The Residential Supervisor will keep reports on each youth's progress and enter those reports into youth tracking software on a monthly basis. The Residential Supervisor will meet weekly with the Director to provide updates on each youth's progress throughout the program.
- The Residential Supervisor will ensure that all residents and their dependents are safe and compliant to all policies outlined in the handbook.
- Be available for emergencies on an as-need basis
- Should a youth break any rule(s) or an emergency situation occurs the Residential Supervisor will report that to HALO headquarters and take the proper steps outlined in the Policy Handbook
Community and Event Involvement
- Opportunity to work as a member of a professional team
- Assisting with events and fundraisers
- Building relationships in the community
- Engaging in Speaking Opportunities/presentations
- Leading the monthly HALO Home Team Meetings
- Communicating the needs of the HALO Housing youth to our volunteer base
- Planning special events or opportunities for youth living in HALO Housing
- Reporting to HALO Director weekly- following the Strategic Plan outlined for the Jefferson City branch
- Assist with Donor Relations and implementation of fundraising initiatives
- Assisting with Future Planning and Program Development
Requirements for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Strong organizational skills, relationship building, teamwork and social skills for working with residents and community members is required.
- Must be a responsible, mature individual of reputable character who exercise sound judgment, and displays the capacity to provide good care and supervision of youth
- Prior experience in counseling, or working with at-risk youth is preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age
House Mom receives a fully furnished apartment in the HALO Home.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
HALO provides a new, fully furnished, onsite apartment with kitchen. HALO covers all utilities. Insurance is offered.
Minimum Education Required