120 South LaSalle Street
To identify, steward and solicit individual, corporate and foundation prospects that match ADL’s programs and activities. This position is responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects, coordinating the proposal development process, and tracking results to achieve defined regional goals. To identify and cultivate donors and implement targeted solicitation strategies designed to increase the donor base.
- Identify, steward, and solicit foundation and corporate gift prospects. Research print and electronic media, journals, and reports to identify foundation and corporate donors. Assemble materials and information to submit proposals. Track progress of proposals as necessary. Serve as ADL liaison to institutional program officers, leadership, and donors.
- Serve as primary content developer for proposals/reports to institutional donors (corporate and foundation) in collaboration with fundraising and programmatic teams (regional and national).
- Develop and enhance institutional giving processes (corporate partnership program and its benefits; foundation deadline calendar; etc), researching and adhering to best practices in collaboration with regional and national ADL teams.
- Oversee the design, print and distribution (timeline, content, lists, etc.) of local direct mail year-end piece, as part of annualfundraising campaign.
- Maintain and develop processes for appropriate prospect and donor record keeping, mailing list development, and giftrecords.
- In consultation with the Director of Development, plan and engage in solicitation of
board and non-board member contributors, cultivate lay persons and coordinate donor
recognition activities. Manage a portfolio of individual donorsconnected to foundations or corporations, developing strategies to solicit for engagement and support.
- Participate in special assignments or projects to assist the Director of Development.
- Meet with programmatic staff to identify opportunities and programmatic information to support institutional philanthropic messaging, and obtain assistance in motivating prospective donors.
- Contribute to strategic development, leveraging expertise in areas of institutional philanthropy and direct mail.
- Excellent writing, editing, and research skills.
- The proven ability to solicit and close financial agreements with donors is essential.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to draft compelling arguments that are clear and concise.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and database management software is needed.
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Knowledge of and strong commitment to Jewish issues and the objectives of the Anti-Defamation League is a plus.
2. Work Experience: Three to five years of community fundraising experience and proposal writing experience, preferably for foundations and corporations.
3. Education: A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
Depending on region, may participate in supervising staff such as Development/Administrative
Assistant OR may occasionally instruct or assist other employees including interns.
Flexibility to work evenings and occasional weekends is necessary to represent ADL and attend community fundraising events. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply through the link.