79 Seventh Street
Directs and manages overall daily operations of a branch/unit under the control of the organization with the primary concern for a comprehensive, outcome-driven program and service delivery. Also supervises and trains staff (direct and indirect reports), handles personnel issues, manages facility, develops and manages a budget, actively engages and supports a Unit Advisory Council, and manages community relations, volunteers, and membership administration.
Category A: typically manages 20 or more staff (direct and indirect) or a budget of $500,000 or more
Category B: typically manages 10-20 staff (direct and indirect) or a budget of $200,000 to $500,000
Category C: typically manages less than 10 staff (direct and indirect) or a budget less than $200,000
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
1. Establish Unit or Branch programs, activities and services that prepare youth for success and create an outcome-driven Club experience that facilitates achievement of youth development outcomes.
2. Ensure a healthy, safe environment, with well-maintained facilities, equipment and supplies.
3. Plan, develop, implement and evaluate Unit or Branch overall programs, services and activities to ensure they meet stated objectives and member needs and interests. Compile regular reports reflecting all activities, attendance and participation.
4. Manage Unit or Branch financial resources, assisting in the development of annual budgets. Control expenditures against budget.
5. Ensure administrative and operational systems are in place to maintain the operation of the Club’s physical properties and equipment, including use of facilities by outside groups. Ensure compliance with organization policies.
6. Recruit, manage and provide career development opportunities for branch staff and volunteers. Conduct regular staff meetings.
7. Develop partnerships with parents, community leaders and organizations.
Marketing and Public Relations
8. Develop and maintain public relations to increase the visibility of programs, services and activities within the Club and the community.
1. Purchase or approve purchase of supplies and equipment.
2. Work with staff on special events to carry out programs in all departments.
3. Exercise authority in problems relating to members; utilize guidance and discipline plan.
4. Assume other duties as assigned.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club professional staff to interpret and explain organizational mission, program objectives and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive information. Maintain contact with Branch boards. Regular contact with members as needed to discipline, advise, and counsel.
External: Maintain contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others to assist in resolving problems and to publicize Club.
· Four-year degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience
· A minimum of five years work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people, or equivalent experience
· Demonstrated ability in personnel supervision, facilities management, and the recruitment and retention of key personnel
· Strong communication skills, both oral and written
· Ability to recruit, train, supervise and motivate staff
· Ability to deal effectively with members including discipline problems
· Working knowledge of budget preparation, control and management
· Skilled at fundraising events
· Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents and community leaders.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Please evaluate and describe any physical skills, abilities or working conditions required to perform the essential duties of this position, as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Minimum Education Required