Details: $20-$25 per hour
YOUNG WORKERS UNITED
Young Workers United is dedicated to improving the quality of jobs for workers in SF. We raise standards in the low-wage service sectors in San Francisco through worker organizing, know your rights outreach, leadership development, and base-building. Young workers United is a fiscally sponsored project of the Chinese Progressive Association.
Employment Opportunity: Young Workers United is seeking a new temporary bilingual (English/Spanish) Outreach Coordinator to support our workers rights clinic and outreach services. The Outreach & Services Coordinator is a part-time (approximately 8 to 15 hours/week), temporary position with an end date of December 21, 2018. There is a possibility of an extension or a more full-time position into 2019. The position is non-exempt and paid hourly, requires travel within San Francisco, and will be supervised by the Director.
Outreach & Worker Services
- Coordinate and help implement community outreach and education activities related to workers rights, including planning and facilitating educational workshops, conducting street outreach, and developing outreach materials
- Coordinate and conduct individual or group meetings with low-wage workers experiencing workplace issues and manage cases, including documentation and filing administrative claims with the support of supervising staff.
- Verbal fluency in Spanish is required, written fluency preferred.
- Processing administrative tasks as needed in a small organization, which can include organizing and keeping appropriate documentation as well as records of all services provided; managing detailed information on community members seeking services; and preparing reporting information.
Ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Experience organizing and advocating on behalf of low-wage workers, people of color, women, LGBTQ, and immigrants
- Spanish/English translation skills preferred.
- Commitment to worker and member leadership in all aspects of the organization’s work.
This is being offered as a part-time (8 to 15 hours/week) non-exempt position, with a salary range between $20.00 - $25.00 an hour, DOE, with no benefits except those required by law. This position is anticipated to begin on September 10, 2018.
To Apply: Submit resume and cover letter (combined in one PDF), and submit three references on our online portal at https://cpasf.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=14.
Chinese Progressive Association is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, immigrants, youths, queer, gender non-conforming and differently-abled people are encouraged to apply.
Pursuant of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
None except those applicable by law.
Minimum Education Required