1319 F St NW
District of Columbia
About First Book: First Book, a 501c3 nonprofit social enterprise, tackles a pervasive and entrenched issue affecting the 32 million children from low-income families in the U.S. and Canada: unequal access to literacy and educational opportunities. By providing books and educational resources to schools and programs, First Book is elevating the quality of education and improving the lives of children in need.
To date, First Book has provided more than 175 million new books, educational resources and basic needs items to children from low-income families. First Book has also aggregated the largest and fastest growing community of educators and program leaders serving children in need in North America.
About the Role: The Digital Marketing Strategist oversees the development and execution of the digital marketing strategy to drive the distribution of resources through our ecommerce platforms via the use of multi-media marketing channels, as well as monitoring and enhancing the user’s experience. The Digital Marketing Strategist is also responsible for leading and managing a team around brainstorming and implementing new and innovative ideas to grow First Book’s network of educators and convert more members to users. The goal of this role and of this team is to grow First Book’s network and engage additional educators and programs serving children in need, to distribute more free and low-cost resources to those who need them most.
Essential Skills, Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Other duties may be assigned.
· Leading the creative development and execution of annual and quarterly digital marketing strategies to maximize the amount of resources that are distributed to the First Book network. This includes:
o Drafting strategy documents based on goals and performance indicators.
o Presenting strategy to external partners as it pertains to relationship development.
o Gathering the appropriate data needed to create business cases for any internal or external funding needed to execute on digital marketing strategy.
o Working with our New Business team to craft packages that can be funded by partners to fundraise for the required budget to execute on the strategy.
· Developing and executing on a Digital Ad strategy as laid out in the annual and quarterly strategy. This includes:
o Leading the team through the creative thinking needed to execute a successful ad strategy for custom audiences to drive the distribution of resources, promote registration, and promote partner objectives. Comprehensive reporting and guidance through daily management to maximize conversion through each ad group.
o Guiding the team through creating custom landing pages and marketing assets to drive conversion after the initial ad click.
· Staying current on web and eCommerce trends and champion new tactics to help the organization maximize their online reach to drive conversion.
· Managing the internal cost and external costs of resources needed to continue to meet the organizational goals.
· Leading the team in monitoring and enhancing the user experience of our e-commerce platform.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree
· Experience leading & mentoring digital marketing team and proven track record of driving conversion and performance through eCommerce.
· Knowledgeable on current e-mail marketing best practices and maximizing marketing efforts in this space.
· Knowledge/experience of organic and inorganic outreach:
o Facebook and Google ad placement and Google analytics.
o eCommerce Marketing and copywriting
o User experience best practices in the digital space
· Willing to travel several times a year.
· Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit, proven track record for showing initiative, and a solutions-oriented approach to opportunities and challenges.
· Possesses a private sector head and a public-sector heart
· A Plus:
· Experience with Kissmetrics or similar business intelligence platforms and affiliate marketing programs and tools.
· Experience with Salesforce, Pardot or similar email marketing experience.
· Adobe Photoshop knowledge.
· Ability to leverage private sector experience in public sector.
All full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage
- Vacation leave
- Sick leave
- Eleven Annual Holidays
- 401 K and employer matching pension contribution
- Transportation benefits
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates are invited to submit a resume, and a cover letter that details your interest in the position. If you need assistance applying, please call Ashley Jones 202-499-5935.