Role: Director of Operations for DF
As the Disque Foundation Director of Operations you will Support the Executive Director in translating foundation strategy into program focus areas/initiatives to advance the Foundation’s mission and goals. In addition, the Operations Manager will plan, coordinate, monitor and implement complex programs, delivering superior project planning and management.
The Director of Operations will work in close partnership with the Foundation CEO and the team to ensure implementation of Foundation strategies and alignment of organizational systems and processes for:
- Oversee all foundation activities;
- Manage all daily operations of foundation;
- Program development;
- Identification of partners and grantees;
- Grant solicitation/due diligence/approval, monitoring;
- Organizational learning reflection and program evaluation;
- Strategic communication.
In addition, the Director of Operations will:
- Assist the CEO in representing the Foundation to the public
- Maintain ongoing awareness of trends and advances in:
- Disque Foundation program areas of interest
- Partnership development
- With CEO, develop strategies to advance Disque Foundation’s mission
- More consistently and meaningfully engage Advisory Board of maximum of 10 people
- Contribute to a transparent organizational culture;
- Represent the Foundation externally as requested by the Executive Director;
- Stays abreast of developments in the philanthropic field and in program areas of interest to the Foundation;
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the program;
- Results-proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation;
- Strategic Vision and Agility-ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan;
- Capacity Building—ability to effectively build organization and staff capacity, developing a top-notch workforce and the processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly;
- Leadership and Organization-exceptional capacity for managing and leading people; team builder who has experience in scaling up organization's; ability to connect team members both on an individual level and in groups;
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation; can overcome resistance to leadership and take unpopular stands when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- MBA with nonprofit focus preferred
- 5+ years in a non profit organization preferred
- Minimum five years of program development and leadership experience at a foundation or relevant nonprofit, with evidence of increasing levels of responsibility and achievement helping to scale an NPO at least 2x in measurable outcomes;
- Facilitate fundraising and earned income efforts and strategy;
- Demonstrated organizational and team management skills; aptitude in developing strong working relationships with diverse partners and constituencies;
- Subject matter expertise in social determinants of health, community development and engagement, community and institutional partnership development;
- Expert written and verbal and verbal communications skills;
- Strong interpersonal, team management and partnership management skills;
- Openness, curiosity, and ability to thrive in a startup environment and build from the ground up.
- Advanced degree highly desirable
Minimum Education Required