The International Crisis Group is seeking a full-time voluntary intern to assist its Private Sector Initiatives team in all fundraising activities related to individuals, corporations and family foundations. The Development Voluntary Intern will primarily support the team on research, event planning, relationship management and administrative tasks as needed.
This internship offers an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience in a prestigious international NGO. The voluntary intern will work closely with the team in New York and have the opportunity to interact with others across the organisation, particularly with team members based in London. The role offers an excellent opportunity to discover how an organisation approaches and cultivates relationships with individuals and corporates. A significant portion of Crisis Group’s funding comes from private sector support and, as such, the Development Voluntary Intern will be part of a small team that makes it possible for Crisis Group to continue its work preventing and resolving deadly conflict worldwide.
We are currently conducting interviews for this voluntary internship position and are looking to hire someone who can start in September and stay for a minimum of six months.
The main tasks will include:
- Researching and compiling accurate profiles on prospective funders;
- Assisting in the coordination, preparation and on-day support of high-level events, including breakfast briefings, conferences, and galas;
- Helping to establish and sustain close relationships with current and prospective funders;
- Processing gifts and working with the Development staff to personalise timely renewals and acknowledgements;
- Maintaining the donor database and records on Raiser’s Edge;
- Assisting with the preparation of funding proposals and correspondence;
- Scheduling appointments, handling correspondence and performing other necessary tasks as needed.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree;
- Excellent verbal and written command of English;
- Ability to conceptualise, write and edit letters and proposals;
- Strong organisational skills are essential;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously within a demanding environment;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, email and internet applications;
- Knowledge of Raiser's Edge is preferred;
- Must be available 40 hours per week for a period of at least SIX months;
- Authorisation to work in the United States.
Minimum Education Required