4800 Ohio 43
Position: Prevention Youth Specialist
Salary: $20,000 per year
Supervisor: Educational Manager
Hours: Part-time (20 Hours)/ Non-Exempt
The Prevention Youth Support Specialist will be responsible for developing and carrying out culturally appropriate, evidence based programming intended to facilitate attitude and behavior change for youth in a school-based and/ or afterschool setting.
- Plan and implement age appropriate youth programming utilizing evidence based curriculum.
- Successfully engage parents and youth in program, by building a strong rapport.
- Effectively utilize prevention strategies and group activities to provide education and skill building to youth served.
- Maintain program files; prepare reports; compile data; maintain appropriate documentation.
- Attend professional development and in-service training as mandated by ODJFS/ODE rules and trainings as mandated by OMHAS for Prevention Specialist.
- Comply with rules and regulations as mandated by all parties listed in function #5.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Other Functions: Attends departmental/agency meetings; contributes to departmental and organizational decision-making through active participation in the process. Works effectively and positively with all co-workers, volunteers, and clients; participates in professional or community networks as appropriate. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
Qualifications or Skills Required:
Required: Associate degree in Social Work, Education, or related field. Experience working with children and families. Must be willing to take appropriate steps to become credential as an Ohio Prevention Specialist. Must have and maintain a valid Ohio Driver’s License. Must be able to pass a BCI and FBI background check and drug screening (pre-screening and random). Strong organizational, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community; is required. The ability to work independently and share responsibility in multiple service system; Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment. Preferred: In addition to required qualification, a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in mental health or a related social services field with an OCPS I/II, LCDC, LPC or LSW. Experience working with children and adolescents. Excellent organizational skills.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Interested applicants should forward resume with three references to:
Human Resources | University Settlement, Inc.
4800 Broadway Ave. Cleveland, OH 44127
Fax: 216-641-7971 | E-mail: email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!!!
Internal applicants must be in their current position for at least six months to apply.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required