Community Frameworks seeks an energetic, caring professional to work in our Homeownership Services division. The Housing Specialist works across our various homeownership promotions programs to assist customers with their dream of owning their own home.
Community Frameworks works at the local level providing down payment assistance to qualified applicants. In addition, Community Frameworks provides housing counseling and homebuyer education services designed to assist our customers to attain successful homeownership. The work of the organization also includes administration of a highly successful federal housing grant program that provides funding to other nonprofit organizations in a four state area.
The ideal candidate will have background in housing counseling, or a related profession such as real estate or lending. The position also requires the capacity for good time management, and to be self-motivated and use independent judgment. This position requires excellent problem solving skills, good teaching skills, and the ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with both the internal team and external clients.
Depending on qualifications, the Housing Specialist will (independently and/or as a team member be given direction to) plan, schedule and complete assigned projects and tasks as directed by Program Management.
Duties may include:
- HUD Housing Counseling certification, or willingness to obtain certification.
- Independently perform homebuyer education and housing counseling activities, including provision of counseling, client management, and reporting.
- Maintain organized and accurate records and produce reports to meet compliance requirements for program and project work.
- Assist in resource development to support homeownership initiatives and activities, participate actively in internal planning and activities, and provide backup and support to other team members on their projects.
- Assist with carrying out marketing strategies, including relationship maintenance with homeownership stakeholders such as realtors and lenders, to promote Community Frameworks’ lines of business.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, & Experience:
- Working knowledge of housing program design and administration, such as resource identification, policy and procedure design and implementation, budgeting, oversight and management, regulatory compliance and reporting.
- Experience in writing successful grant applications/proposals or conducting fundraising activities.
- Very skilled in maintaining customer and partner relations, oral and written communication, and problem solving.
- Able to succeed under pressure with multiple, simultaneous task assignments.
- Well-developed computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets and Internet.
- Minimum of three year’s program and project development, housing counseling, lending, real estate and/or community development and / or experience in a related field is required.
- A degree in a related field from an accredited, four-year college or university is also required. Additional relevant work experience above and beyond the minimum may be substituted for the college degree.
- Physical Demands: Ability to move or transport up to 20 pounds as needed; ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time; ability to position self as needed for routine office work such as accessing filing cabinets or using the phone; ability to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer; and ability to be mobile as related to business needs.
WORK SCHEDULE & LOCATION: This is a part time position (30 hours per week) based in Community Frameworks’ Bremerton, Washington office. Hybrid in-office/remote working environment and flexible hours.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and office location
BENEFITS: Package includes employer contributions to employee’s health, life, disability and dental insurance, (family enrollment available at employee expense), paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation, and a 403(b) retirement plan.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and application form to HeatherL@communityframeworks.org. Full job description and application form can be found at: https://communityframeworks.org/employment/
Note that you must submit all three documents to be considered.
Community Frameworks seeks an energetic, caring professional to work in our Homeownership Services division. The Housing Specialist works across our various homeownership promotions programs to assist customers with their dream of…