Details: Compensation: The salary range for this position will be $14.00 to $16.00 per hour depending on experience and skills.
1922 University Avenue
The Wisconsin Academy seeks a proactive, detail-oriented Marketing and Event Assistant with a positive attitude and passion for cultural and educational non-profit work to join the team at the Wisconsin Academy, a Madison-based nonprofit that develops and shares transformative Wisconsin ideas across the sciences, arts, and letters. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two-years of experience in marketing/outreach and will assist in development of print and digital materials that enhance event attendance, program visibility, and institutional outreach. While direct event management experience is not required for this position, preference will be given to candidates with event/project management experience.
This individual will be an integral member of our team, working closely with the Executive Director, Development Director, Associate Director, Event Manager and graphic designer to support program and institutional marketing as well as development goals. The staff position is based at the Wisconsin Academy office at 1922 University Ave, Madison WI 53703. While this is currently a 50% position, there is opportunity for growth for the right candidate.
General Duties: Develop print and digital marketing materials; Create content for website and manage social media channels in collaboration with staff; Communicate with and develop internal and external audiences;Promote, execute, (logistics, a/v, speaker and venue coordination, etc.) and evaluate events that range from 15 to 1,000 participants.
Reports to: Event Manager and Associate Director
Specific tasks for this position include but are not limited to:
- Support Associate Director in the execution of the institutional marketing plan, including the preparation and distribution of print/digital materials, development and adherence to plan timeline, and communication with internal (e.g. Academy board, members, Fellows) and external audiences
- Analyze marketing data to help drive marketing strategies, support marketing and development goals, and improve communications systems
- Assist program directors with website, e-marketing, and social media content development and maintenance
- Facilitate Academy Talks at Overture Center for the Artsand Wisconsin Talks throughout the state
- Assist the Event Manager with program design, speaker recruitment, proactive problem-solving, and data management and analysis
- Manage speakers, contracts, negotiations, and ongoing communication with speakers, venues, and vendors
- Manage event web and registration pages and relevant promotional partners, including those for media and videotaping
- Provide leadership, communicate day-of plans, manage day-of event logistics, and maintain composure while taking action in the face of unexpected complications
- Coordinate follow-up communications
- Maintain the Speaker Service website and coordinate bookings
- Maintain the Academy Events Calendar across programs and institutional events
- Assist program directors and the executive director with public conference development, design, speaker recruitment and handling, technical needs and logistics for annual conferences/membership meetings, program-related conferences and summits, and other large events
- Minimum of two years of marketing/outreach experience
- Firm grasp of basic marketing principles and an understanding of both traditional and social media
- Adaptability in communicating with diverse vendors, partners, contributors, collaborators and audiences
- Organized with exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
- Reliable with exceptional communication skills both in person and via email
- Experience with Drupal, Wordpress, or other CMS.
- Experience with MailChimp or other e-marketing platform
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Positive, can-do attitude and desire to do good in the world
- Some travel required, and occasional night/weekend hours
About the Wisconsin Academy: The Wisconsin Academy brings people together at the intersection of the sciences, arts, and letters to inspire discovery, illuminate creative work, and foster civil dialogue on important issues. In this way, the Academy connects Wisconsin people and ideas for a better world. Learn more at www.wisconsinacademy.org. The Wisconsin Academy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employmentwithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Benefits: The Academy provides health insurance, paid time off, and other benefits on a pro-rated basis.
Level of Language Proficiency
English, high proficiency spoken and written.
Minimum Education Required