New England Development Officer
CAMERA's National Office in Boston seeks a New England Development Officer to join a growing team dedicated to supporting the mission of the organization -- defending the truth about Israel in the media and on campus. The New England Development Officer is a leading member of the development staff, working under the supervision of The Director of Development.
Responsibilities for the full-time position include:
• Collaborating with various staff to attract, retain and expand the contributor base;
• Stewarding and soliciting contributions in New England from a portfolio of 50 major-gifts donors,
• Assisting the National and Regional Development Directors in development activity;
• Managing an existing young professional leadership group and expanding its membership through social and educational events;
• Managing national planned giving marketing campaigns with outside client;
• Writing grant applications and reports and researching foundations for potential support.
Required skills and experience include:
• A passion for the mission and core values of CAMERA (www.camera.org);
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills;
• An engaging personality coupled with professional skills and judgement;
• A highly motivated self-starter who is able to work independently, problem-solve, and manage multiple projects simultaneously;
• Proven attention to detail, organization and timely follow-through;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media;
• Availability to work flexible hours, including some weekends and evenings, as required;
• 2-4 years of development experience with emphasis on donor stewardship, communications, corporate giving and/or major gifts;
• Experience in grant-writing.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• Salaries are competitive with those of similar non-profits and are dependent on the qualifications and experience of the individual candidate.
• CAMERA provides medical and dental benefits and 403(b) savings.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, writing sample and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Development Officer.