18 Tremont Street, Suite 608
Second Nature seeks a Climate Programs Data Manager to support the administration, implementation, and outreach related to Second Nature’s programs. This position will primarily manage the contact management and support outreach related to the Presidents' Climate Leadership Commitments, and will provide additional support around Second Nature's cross sector, policy, and strategic partnership initiatives. The ideal candidate will be organized with an eye for detail as well as technically savvy with contact management software and will be comfortable communicating with a variety of campus stakeholders on Climate Leadership Commitments.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Database management, including identifying database management efficiencies and maintaining a database management operations guide
- Supporting Presidents' Climate Leadership Commitments signatories in support of their implementation goals and active participation in the Commitments
- Preparation of data for internal tracking and external communication of resources, opportunities, and recognition of performance
- Hiring and managing interns
- Contribute creative thinking on how to most effectively develop and implement program activities
- Ad hoc tasks (such as contributing and editing program content, research, and presenting at conferences, etc...)
We seek an energetic and organized individual who enjoys interacting with people and team collaboration. An ideal candidate is passionate about supporting the climate and sustainability efforts of higher education institutions including a focus on supporting minority serving and under resourced institutions. Other qualifications include:
- At least one year experience with database management and customer relationship management (CRM) software, preferably Salesforce.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially excel and Google Docs
- Experience with CRM applications, preferably WebMerge, Zapier, Dataloader.io
- Strong interest in energy, climate change or sustainability issues
- Degree required in sustainability, organizational management, environmental studies, communications, database management, or related fields
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to finding solutions and creating and continually improving systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including professional telephone communications and strong writing and data analysis ability
- General knowledge of the Second Nature's programs, greenhouse gas accounting, climate resilience and sustainability in higher education is preferred
This is a full-time position with pay and benefits commensurate with experience. This position is based at the Second Nature office in downtown Boston. Remote employment can be considered for the right candidate. Preferred start date is on or before October 8, 2018.
Second Nature is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristics, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Women and/or minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit an application here. Upload a resume, cover letter, and relevant work products. Direct your cover letter to: Stephen Muzzy, Senior Manager of Climate Programs, Second Nature. Deadline Monday, September 24, 2018.