171 Goddard Avenue
About the Park School
The Park School is a PreK to Grade 8 independent school in Brookline, MA dedicated to excellence in education. The cornerstone of Park's program is academic excellence, combining both high standards of scholarship and the encouragement of each child to develop to his or her greatest potential. Our school community fosters a nurturing environment in which children develop curiosity, express creativity, appreciate the value of hard work and discipline, and experience the joy of learning. Park's faculty encourages each student to strive for intellectual, physical and moral growth and to become contributing members of the community.
The Assistant to the Upper Division Head is a member of the school’s staff and reports to the Upper Division Head. This full time, 12month position (beginning August 1, 2018) is responsible for working with faculty and staff to organize documents, scheduling and resources in support of the school’s mission and curricular goals. The ideal candidate will bring a history of collaborative, selfdirected work as well as a good sense of humor. They will also have at least three years of experience in school operations and draw upon that understanding to contribute to a positive and effective working environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide organizational and communication support to the Upper Division Head
- Manage communication between division head and parent base
- Manage various division, departmental and informational calendars
- Document faculty and staff professional development
- Manage the scheduling of substitute teachers for all divisions
- Support the hiring process, including communication with and scheduling of candidates
- Support the transition of new faculty
- Coordinate and oversee the administration of SSAT testing at The Park School
- Facilitate the scheduling and communication of student academic and social events
- Support the coordination and scheduling of standardized testing
- Assist with summer administrative tasks
- Respectfully engage with a diverse community and ensure that diversity, equity and inclusion is emphasized as a core value of the School Knowledge,
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in a culturally diverse community including diversity of race, ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic status, language, family structure, sexual orientation, and gender identity
- Effective timemanagement skills with an ability to plan workflow, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and assume responsibility for completing projects
- Enjoys working with students from ages 4 to 14
- Demonstrated high proficiency with technology, including Microsoft Office, Google Apps, databases
- Experience with using inResonance to organize student records preferred
- Positive demeanor and ability to thrive in a small, collegial, and busy school
- A positive approach to tasks and problem solving
- Gives and receives feedback constructively
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and proofreading experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, plus at least 3 years of experience in a school office environment
Competitive salary and benefits, including a strong professional development program, will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Park School welcomes candidates who will add to the diversity of our community and who have demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit The Park School Employment page to complete an application and upload your resume, cover letter, and names of three references (optional).
The Park School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or family composition or any other status protected by applicable law in the administration of its employment, education, admission, financial aid, and other policies and programs.