648 North Plankinton Avenue
City Year Milwaukee is seeking a well-versed Operations & Office Associate to join the expanding Executive Office & Operations team, managed by the People & Operations Manager (POps). The primary responsibility of the Operations & Office Associate will be to execute the day-to-day workstreams that support staff, corps and overall programming of the site. This new role is perfect for a high-energy, detail-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, easily takes initiative, and is open to continuously learning and being challenged.
Site Programming - a crucial line of support for City Year Milwaukee's organizational systems and corps operations
- Support the day-to-day operations of the main office and Beloved Community
- Lead site newsletter
- Support POps in uniform fulfilment for incoming corps members, Mid-Year corps members and new staff.
- Enhance the “Corps Experience” by alleviating known stressors when navigating systems (transportation and other Wisconsin assistance programs)
Finances – efficiently complete financial tasks and responsibilities
- Support cross-departmental leads in tracking expenses and completing monthly variance reports
- Support staff with financial processes around reimbursement requests and supply orders
- Process external vendor contracts and invoices for site/departmental related expenses
- Coordinate all travel arrangements for staff and corps
Network and Systems - ensuring systems are strong, clear, accessible and implemented effectively
- Manage site service desk
- Partner with POps manager to provide responsive site based technological support
- Another line of support in maintaining site resources and online material
People Services - Partner with POps to provide high quality service to candidates and support to hiring managers
Site Projects - Support site-wide meetings/events/initiatives and other logistical needs
Alumni Engagement - Support alumni initiatives and programming
- Track data of previous alumni
- Serve as or support site alumni point in communicating alumni activities to the site
PARTICIPATE IN ORGANIZATIONAL INITIATIVES
- Attend and help mobilize your team/s for whole site events like Opening Day, Make A Difference Day, MLK Day, National Youth Service Day, Annual Gala, Graduation and other site-wide designated events.
- Attend overnight events including Basic Training Academy (retreat in Wisconsin for staff and AmeriCorps members) and Summer Academy (a conference for all City Year Staff held in Boston in July)
- College degree or 3 years of relevant experience
- Extremely organized with a fine sense of detail
- Positive can-do attitude
- High level of professionalism in communicating via email, in person or on the phone
- Takes initiative and is comfortable defining a new role for the department
- Passionate about providing support for both peers and senior leadership
- Professional work ethic and ability to manage information and confidentiality
- Demonstrate ability to work independently, meet concurrent deadlines, organize time and priorities and work well as a dedicated member of a team
- Experience in troubleshooting basic computer and web issues, and/or interest in IT OR willingness to learn basic troubleshooting strategies and techniques
- Experience in a customer service role OR passionate about adding capacity to the work of fellow staff members and AmeriCorps members by supporting individuals through organizational policies and processes
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page in the application. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.