The Council of State Governments (CSG) is the nation's only organization serving all three branches of state government. CSG is a region-based forum that fosters the exchange of insights and ideas to help state officials shape public policy. This offers unparalleled regional, national and international opportunities to network, develop leaders, collaborate and create problem-solving partnerships. To learn more about CSG please visit our website at www.csg.org. We are currently seeking a Web Designer at our Lexington, KY national headquarters office.
Designs, creates, codes, edits and maintains all electronic based content for the web, social media, mobile and email promotion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for managing, reviewing and updating all web content for timeliness and functionality including upgrading the site; updating content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options; introducing new technology; maintaining links.
- Create user friendly interfaces for the web including dynamic forms, infographics, surveys, etc.
- Design graphics for all electronic platforms.
- Recommend new products and processes to keep electronic content current and fresh.
- Track and analyze visitor data and identifies user demand for various online content
- Assists with inquiries and resolution of problems from internal and external users.
- Coordinate upgrades/updates with CSG IT staff.
- Conduct quality assurance work to identify possible problems before new launches.
- Provide expert creative guidance on the overall look, feel and functionality of web design projects
- Leads in both the development of apps and the submission to various online app stores.
- Develops site navigation by categorizing content; funneling traffic through content and keeping site manageable and streamlined.
- Aids in the development and support of online databases and portals.
- Migrate data between platforms when necessary.
- Register CSG properties with appropriate search engines.
- Protects site by designing and installing security precautions.
- Ensure platforms are mobile responsive and translate to mobile viewing.
- Performs preventative maintenance.
- Coordinates the identification and installation of critical patches and software/hardware upgrades.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Expertise in WordPress and knowledge of various available plugins.
- Experience with Apple and Android Developer Systems.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Knowledge of Microsoft web server technology (IIS).
- Knowledge of encryption techniques and security best practices including the management of online payments.
- Experience with software versioning/revision control systems
- Proven ability to design, launch and maintain interactive high-profile internet sites and applications
- Understanding of web design applications such as Dreamweaver, Adobe, and Flash.
- Experience with site optimization and web analytic tools
- Capacity to simultaneously meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to quickly learn/adapt to new changing technology.
- Possess excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to handle simultaneous, multiple projects; work flexibly in a team environment and communicate in a professional manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree in related field. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum two years' experience managing and maintaining websites.
- Minimum two years' experience working with both Adobe Creative Cloud and WordPress.
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple key stakeholders in a professional environment.
Interested individuals must complete the online application and upload the following:
- Cover letter
- Names and contact information for three professional references
CSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.