The Director assists with managing the overall operations of the organization, including, but not limited to, organizational and financial management, personnel administration, short-and long-range planning, public relations, communications, and external relations. The Director is also responsible for the quality and effectiveness of all services and will report to the President & CEO.
● Manage the delivery of program services
● Design and implement programs
● Serve as liaison to build partnerships with community, private and government agencies
● Serve as contact for the contracted services agencies
● Provide program support as well as monitor administrative compliance of contracted service
● Complete budgets and monitor fiscal performance of programs
● Assist with personnel matters, including, hiring, training, supervision, and performance
● Maintain a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates quality professionals and volunteers
● Approve contractor budget expenditures as applicable to regulations and contract terms
● Prepare program and grant reports
● Develop and write grant proposals to individuals, foundations and corporations.
● Monitor grants, write acknowledgment letters, follow up reports and conduct research for public and private funding
● Plan, coordinate and oversee a full range of evaluation activities and projects including
participant and program evaluation measures
● Ensure that program staff and contracted service agencies receive resource information and technical assistance on evaluation issues
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
● Proven ability to lead organization through growth and turn challenges into opportunities
● Financial management and budgeting experience
● Abilities in strategic planning and analysis
● Strong motivational and team building skills
● Excellent written, analytical, and oral communication skills
● History of working with ethnically diverse families and communities.
● Ability to work cooperatively with staff, community partners and organization’s constituents, as well as ability to develop a strong network with key figures in the community
● Enthusiasm and dedication to inspire and cultivate staff, and volunteers
● High level of proficiency in computer programs, software and social media (Microsoft Office programs, Graphics/Layout programs, proficient use of Internet for research)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, psychology, education, or a closely related field from a regionally accredited college or university
Preferred Education: Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university
Experience: Minimum three (5) years of demonstrated work in the non-profit, community/human services, education or related field.
Two (3) years of organizational management and leadership experience in organizations serving
ethnically/culturally diverse communities.
Two (3) years of experience in staff development, staff supervision/management and leading teams
to reach performance goals.
Candidate must pass TB test, criminal background check, have personal transportation available for job related travel, valid California Driver’s License and automobile insurance.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The applicable annual salary is $75,000-$90,000 FTE (commensurate with experience) This is a full-time position. 40 hours/week. Benefits included.
Must be available Monday-Friday from 8am-8pm. Flexibility with work schedule is a requirement. Regular schedule will include some evenings, weekends and travel.
APPLICATION PROCESS: This position will be available August 1, 2022.
Application materials are now being accepted. Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
How to Apply: Interested and QUALIFIED candidates should email the following:
1. Cover Letter - Include qualifications, experience and desire to work with Black/African Americans and communities of color, organizational management and staff leadership, and future career/educational goals.
2. Current Resume
3. Professional References (3) - Include Name, Title & Company/Organization, and phone number
Please send cover letter, resume and references
For information, please visit www.BLUedFoundation.org
The Director assists with managing the overall operations of the organization, including, but not limited to, organizational and financial management, personnel administration, short-and…