The maintenance worker position, under limited supervision of both respective School Principals and designated Central Office staff, performs work of routine or ad hoc maintenance to include custodial services as identified in individual IMS schools and performs related work as assigned. This is a full-time 40 hour per week position that could be split over two schools to work 20 hours per week per school.
- Performs routine maintenance on building interior and exterior
- Maintains a schedule of when maintenance has been performed and when next service is due
- Sweeps, dusts, arranges furniture, empties trash and pencil sharpeners, cleans chalkboards and sets up for activities. Washes walls, woodwork and windows, and cleans and polishes metal surfaces. Cleans and maintains hard and soft surface floors. Wet mops and spot cleans hard and soft surface floors.
- Performs minor repair maintenance. Operates heating, A/C, ventilation, electrical and mechanical systems. Operations will be limited to turning equipment on/off and/or setting day/night cycles. Observes and reports needed repair of equipment, furnishings, fixtures, building and site.
- Assists in the maintenance of lawns, landscaping, concrete and blacktop surfaces and playgrounds, including pedestrian walkways snow and ice removal.
- Assists with set ups and tears down for school activities.
- Operates security systems and secures building at the conclusion of shift.
- Works a revised schedule and substitutes for other custodial staff when necessary.
- Shares responsibility for holiday, extended day and weekend activities with other custodial staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisors
High School Diploma or GED
Previous experience as maintenance worker or custodian preferred
FBI Criminal Clearance
PA State Police Background Check
PA Child Abuse
Employee History Reviews - Disclosures
Arrest Conviction Report
Ability to work unsupervised
Demonstrated positive attitude towards people with whom one works
Ability to work cooperatively and willingness to accept instructions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to lift 75 pounds
Ability to climb to high and difficult places and work at those places
Constant hand-eye and mind-eye coordination
Standing and walking
Repetitive Motion with wrists, hands and fingers
Frequent bending, carrying, hearing, lifting and stooping, climbing, crawling, crouching,
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. For more information about us and this and other opportunities please visit our website.
Minimum Education Required