This position will support the Development and Communications team on a variety of tasks, including donor relations, digital and print communications, prospect research, managing donor correspondence, and providing the necessary administrative support to maximize donor engagement. Working under the Development and Communications Director, this position will serve as key staff member spearheading social media and graphic design for communication initiatives. Applicants should be self-starters with skills to initiate projects and work independently. This position will require the strong ability to multitask between development and communications roles, and a willingness for the staff member grow their project management skills. This position will regularly interact with all RTS programs and will provide administrative support to help bolster organizational capacity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Development Functions:
• Support the development of grant proposals and reports
• Perform foundation research and assist with identifying new prospective funders and donors
• Support donor relations by helping develop relationships with individual supporters under $1,000
• Support Advisory Board and Board of Directors relations by maintaining relationships with key supporters
• Develop and maintain a Salesforce donor database to accurately track and manage individual donors
• Actively update and support the donor database to record donations, as well as maintain and capture critical donor information
• Regularly produce donor acknowledgement letters and periodic mailings
• Create and present periodic donor reports utilizing Excel and Salesforce, including data exports, list segmentation, and moves management
• Perform routine donor prospect research and identification
• Draft, print and assemble direct mail campaigns
• Coordinate with contracted graphic designers, printers, and mail houses as needed to support fundraising and communication campaigns
• Assist with the planning and execution of donor cultivation events, thank you letters, and cultivation.
• Spearhead the day-to-day maintenance and growth of RTS’s social media presence
• Lead social media graphic design efforts utilizing Canva
• Schedule social media posts
• Post relevant content for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Support the production and distribution of monthly e-newsletter publications using Mailchimp •Create invitations for events and track attendance
• Administrative Support:
• Support collaborative administrative functions between the Development and Finance departments, including processing and recording donations
• Perform basic administrative duties such as filing, data entry, assembling mailing, proofreading and editing
• Provide operational support for the office through managing supply requests, and addressing technology needs
• Provide organizational support through staff meeting agenda development, coordination of orgwide meetings and events, and developing supportive organizational culture
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in non-profits and/or communications; equivalent work experience will be strongly considered
• 1-2 years of experience with fundraising or related work in the non-profit sector preferred.
• Salesforce knowledge preferred
• Ability to professionally write and edit copy.
• High computer proficiency and comfort a must
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must.
• Must be an experienced and motivated multitasker who is detailed oriented, well-organized, and able to manage competing timelines.
• Demonstrated commitment to working with underserved populations
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse people across the spectrum of socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity and gender orientation.
• Flexibility to adjust and contribute to continually evolving work culture and changing priorities
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter stating interest in the position specifically detailing your qualifications and commitment to Ready to Succeed
This position will support the Development and Communications team on a variety of tasks, including donor relations, digital and print communications, prospect research, managing donor correspondence, and providing the necessary…
please submit a cover letter about why you are interested in working with us! Please also include a sample of your writing - it can be a blog or social media post, a newsletter, any type of grant materials.