Part Time Temporary
6301 Montrose Road
B’nai Israel Congregations in Rockville, MD is seeking a Part Time High Holiday Youth Program Coordinator. We are a multi-generational, egalitarian, Conservative congregation with 1100 family members. During the High Holidays we have a tremendous amount of programs and activities taking place that are designed to engage and connect with our youth. In this role you would work directly with the Education Director, but also it is critical that you are able to work independently, needing little direction, yet able to facilitate and initiate projects that meet the high level of standards we have set for our organization. There are no weekends required, but you must be able to work one or two evenings. This part-time position runs from June – September 21, 2018.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
· Develop activities for young people between the ages of 5 - 16 during the High Holiday services
· Facilitate training for staff members who will conduct some of the activities
· Manage the administrative and logistical activities to include but not limited to:
o Ordering and reviewing supplies
o Keeping track of participants who plan to attend
o Being present the day of to help coordinate and support activities that are taking place
· Hire staff
· Create and manage schedules
· Help promote and communicate to families about High Holiday activities for their children
WHAT MATTERS TO US:
Our ideal candidate:
· Interacts comfortably with people of all ages.
· Writes articulately in all manners of communication.
· Pays close attention to details and possesses superb organizational skills.
· Demonstrates flexibility in their schedule to accommodate evening meetings, and day off event activities
· Experience using Microsoft office
· Previous experience working with young people (5 – 16)
WHAT MATTERS TO YOU:
B’nai Israel Congregation is proud of its history and appreciates its staff. As a congregation approaching its 100th year anniversary, there is a rich history here and culture that we are committed to maintaining. This is a great opportunity if you are looking for PT flexible work, if you want to gain experience working with young people and if you want to grow in your faith and help support the efforts of the Jewish synagogue.
Founded in 1925, B’nai Israel has been a major presence in the Washington area for generations. We are a caring community that supports members in times of need and celebrates life’s joyous moments together. We celebrate our staff, inspire individuals and assist them in charting their own spiritual and professional journeys. We engage in the larger community, doing our part to improve the world and sustain the institutions of Jewish life here and in Israel.
Minimum Education Required