Details: $40-$48,000 commensurate with experience
366 Somerville Avenue
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Parenting Journey is a national nonprofit organization headquartered in Somerville, Massachusetts with a chapter office in New York City. For over 35 years, the organization has sought to break the systemic cycle of parenting in poverty. We recognize that systemic injustices related to poverty and race prevent many parents from realizing the futures they, and their families, deserve. Our work is inspired by the belief that strong families are the foundation of vibrant healthy communities and that all parents have the power to build resilient families. Parenting Journey envisions a world where all parents and caregivers can build thriving families.
Parenting Journey partners with parents to realize their strengths through therapeutic groups that reduce stress and foster social networks, advocacy for equitable policies that benefit all families, and partnerships with other family-focused nonprofits. Parenting Journey’s acclaimed, high-impact parent programming is replicated at nearly 500 non-profit agencies across the country, and has impacted over 52,000 families in the last decade.
Parenting Journey is currently seeking an experienced professional to serve as our Impact and Evaluation Coordinator (IEC) to assist in Parenting Journey’s efforts to further evaluate and understand the impact of its programming on uplifting families and building strong communities.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Strategy, the IEC will assist the Senior Director of Research in developing and implementing Parenting Journey’s evaluation and impact plan. The IEC will be actively involved in data collection efforts, and will support the strategy team in communicating our impact externally, and applying our findings to policy and advocacy work.
- Manage all data and outcomes for parent group programming and human service worker training at Parenting Journey headquarters and partner organizations in Massachusetts, New York, and beyond.
- Actively engage and meet with partner organizations, program facilitators, and serve as an internal liaison between the strategy and partnership teams.
- Manage regular reporting on evaluation results internally and externally, and assist with grant writing and reporting as it relates to our outcomes.
- Manage databases and online survey software to administer outcomes surveys, quality improvement surveys and staff surveys.
- Work with the communications and marketing team to create external language and materials relating to research and evaluation.
- Create reports and materials for internal and external presentations.
- Craft talking points and prepare senior staff to speak about our evaluation processes and impact to external stakeholders including the press, funders, policymakers, and partner organizations.
Policy Research 10%
- Assist in managing the Parent Advisory Council and their body of work related to policy and advocacy.
- Conduct research on national, state and local policies related to our organizational and issue priorities.
- Assist with grant writing and research related to policy priorities and evaluation efforts.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The IEC is a strategic and creative thinker, highly adept at working independently and with a team. She/he has a strong track record of meeting deadlines and achieving results in a fast-paced environment. In addition, she/he will also demonstrate the ability to foster and support a strengths-based, collaborative organizational culture. Important attributes include high integrity, sound judgment, enthusiasm, optimism, and the ability to value diverse perspectives and treat all persons with dignity and respect.
- At least one year of relevant work experience in non-profits with data management, policy research and/or communications (including internships)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple project assignments. Effective problem-solving skills.
- Fluent in English and Spanish (recommended)
- Proficiency with computer programs – specifically MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), experience with Salesforce preferred but not required
- Highly self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Resourceful with a strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Able to work independently and as a team player.
- Relevant BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
Full-time employee benefits include partial employer paid health and dental insurance, employer-paid life insurance, and paid time off including vacation, sick, and personal time.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English and Spanish (recommended)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Parenting Journey is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Please email a cover letter and resume to Erica Brunner at email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. For more information about Parenting Journey, please visit our website at www.parentingjourney.org.