Details: Commensurate with experience.
The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore, is offering a full-time position for a Regional Organzer to work with the Climate Reality Leader Engagement team. This position will play an integral role in a fast-paced organization that combines strategic campaigns and cutting-edge communications to win concrete victories on the path to solving the climate crisis.
General Overview: The Regional Organizer is responsible for supporting a regional network of Climate Reality Chapters to oppose new sources of fossil fuel pollution in the PA/OH/WV region. This a full-time position for a one-year contract term that requires travel. This person will work closely with Climate Reality chapters who are running or who are interested in running this regional campaign, building tools for them to use and amplify amongst their chapter membership, helping to train organizers, and generally acting as a personal point of contact for our most engaged Chapter volunteers in this campaign. This position will support the larger engagement team in day-to-day support of our chapter program. They will track campaigns efforts, help to build local events, and be our on-the-ground contact for coalition efforts.
Climate Reality has offices in Washington D.C. and Boulder, Colorado. This is a remote position based in the Pittsburgh area.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supporting Climate Reality Chapters as they run this regional campaign, including but not limited to: conducting regular one-on-one calls and in-person meetings; facilitating campaign working group calls; drafting resources, scripts, and campaign materials; creating and implementing chapter-specific campaign plans; tracking the success of those plans to deliver results.
- Creating and maintaining coalition relationships with national and regional organizations to support diverse and meaningful campaigns and commitments in the region.
- Facilitating in-person events and trainings to support our Chapters running our priority campaigns.
- Tracking progress of campaign efforts and Chapter development in coordination with the engagement team to report on goals reached.
- Working with the Engagement team to recruit, onboard, and support new Climate Reality Chapters in the region.
- Conducting monthly one-on-one calls with Chapter chairs and building lasting relationships with them as their point person on staff.
- Training Chapters on campaigns and organizing skills and acting as a skills trainer for in-person training events.
- Coordinating with Climate Reality’s Campus Corps Program Coordinator to implement 100% Committed Campaigns on campuses.
- Adhering and contributing to strong data management practices and program metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of experience in organizing, advocacy and campaign management.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Organizing experience required.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience and awareness of cultural diversity, ability to work effectively with a diverse group of organizations and volunteers.
- A dedication to solving the climate crisis.
- A personal car, with a valid and active drivers license and insurance, as the job requires regional travel.
- Ability to work from home with a remote manager and team
- Regular and reliable internet access
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with a data management software preferred.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) with no vesting period and a company match, and mobile phone reimbursement.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com