The Stanley M. Isaacs Neighborhood Center (Isaacs Center) is a non-profit, multi-service organization focusing primarily on the needs of children and low-income families, out-of-school and out-of-work youth, and aging New Yorkers. We operate at community centers located in the neighborhoods of East Harlem and Yorkville, and seek to deliver programs that are impactful, innovative, and intergenerational.
The Job Developer is primarily responsible for providing disconnected young adults, ages 17-24, with access to employment placement opportunities within labor market sectors that are expanding in New York City. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Workforce Development, the Job Developer will build and maintain relationships with employers to ensure that participants find stability and success on the job, and work in collaboration with the Clinical Support and Education Advancement teams to boost participant earnings over time.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience.
· Minimum of two years work experience in a non-profit organization or social service agency to include job readiness/placement experience.
· Existing employer contacts preferable.
· Leadership skills in conflict intervention, negotiation and decision-making.
· A successful background in sales, recruitment, and job placement.
· Knowledgeable about workforce development in East Harlem and Upper Manhattan.
· Excellent communication, including written, presentation, and effective public speaking skills.
· Ability to speak persuasively to participants, employers, and community groups.
· A passion and desire to work with, and advocate for, at-risk youth, many of whom may have multiple barriers to employment.
· Proven ability to work with out of school out of work young adults between the ages of 17 to 24 with low to moderate work skills.
· Ability to work Evenings and Weekends.
· Develops employment opportunities including internships and apprenticeships that match the participants’ skills, work experience, training and interests.
· Evaluates and matches participants with employment placements. Monitors and supports the on-going engagement of participants at their placements.
· Identifies career advancement opportunities and pathways within three primary growing labor market sectors (Child Care, Health Care, and Hospitality and Food Services)– and supports the placement and on-going growth of participants within those pathways.
· Remains current on local hiring and labor trends, including job fair participation, staff development opportunities, and training.
· Understands funder goals and uses data to document consistently and accurately, in real time, all participants, employer contacts, activities, and outcomes into Isaacs Centers data base (SalesForce)
· Supports all departmental recruitment, engagement, and retention efforts.
· Collaborates with Coordinator of Career Readiness to introduce to the job search process, including holding interview practice sessions for participants, and evaluating work readiness.
· Collaborates with the Coordinator of Academic Services to support credential attainment, and continuing education.
· Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities that will be assigned from time to time
· Achieves weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual placement goals as prescribed and in accordance with Isaacs Center contractual obligations.
The Isaacs Center is an equal opportunity employer. The agency does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, socio-economic status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, age, religion or creed, disability, or political or sexual orientation. Diversity is a fundamental strength of the Isaacs Center.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The Isaacs Center offers benefits packages that include four weeks of paid vacation in the first year for full-time employees, sick leave, and health insurance. The Isaacs Center is committed to staff training and development. Qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Qualified applicants should email/fax their resume for consideration to Jennifer Cepero, Director of Finance and Administration. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.