6701 Wisconsin Avenue
Love working in Education? Passionate about Making a Difference?
We can help you find a way to use your skills, knowledge and experience to support a hopeful and exciting vision. Join our team working at a local private Montessori school - even if you have limited Montessori experience and need to figure out how to get started!
Our mission is to provide a learning environment in which personal growth is valued as much as academic excellence. Supported by the foundation of our curriculum are five essential pillars:
- Inner Awareness
- Understanding of Other Cultures
- Appreciation for All LivingThings
Want to learn about our amazing school? Go to www.OnenessFamily.org for information about our programs.
For the 2018-19 School Year - Oneness-Family School in Chevy Chase, Maryland seeks a a dynamic, kind, and loving Yoga Instructor for students aged 4 through 12. For 30 years, Oneness-Family School has educated children to become leaders of tomorrow and it is very proud of its richly diverse and international community of faculty, staff and students.
This is a part-time position. Classes are grouped by age level and meet at various times during the week between the hours of 9:30am and 3:30pm. We are looking for someone with experience teaching children in small groups, preferably with experience working in schools. Creative lesson plans and warm heart required. Positive interaction with students, parents, faculty, staff, and visitors to the school are expected every day in every situation.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Experience teaching yoga to children
- Childcare or teaching experience in a fast-paced professional setting where children come first (school, camp, summer pool, church, etc.)
- Experience with children and/or families
- Excellent interpersonal skills - makes positive connections with people easily and naturally
- Calm and approachable; not easily irritated or frustrated
- Communicates well orally and in writing, Fluent in English
- Time management
- Kind and Generous Team Player
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter indicating the position (Yoga Teacher) for which you are applying, a resume, and three professional references via email to email@example.com. Please us the subject line "Yoga Teacher Position"