8800 Venice Boulevard
The Marketing and Communications Associate shall be responsible for and oversee the digital presence and day-to-day communications for The Samburu Project (TSP). Duties shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Website maintenance (experience with Squarespace helpful).
- Manage all social media channels with the goal to gain followers/donors on FB, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest.
- Email communication (experience with Constant Contact and Mail Chimp helpful)
- Collaborate with Executive Director, TSP staff and consultants on design and implementation of marketing campaigns for special events as well as TSP brand.
- Oversee and drive Recurring Donations Program through social media.
- Liaison with vendors and stakeholders through social media.
- Oversee Google and FB donor programs.
- Oversee satellite Walk for Water Program.
- Oversee TSP online store
- Knowledge of Prosperworks, LightRoom helpful but not mandatory.
Additional Duties shall include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist Executive Director on special projects as requested.
- Collaboration with TSP staff and volunteers on special events as needed.
- Community outreach and engagement as requested.
General Terms of Employment:
- 30 hours/week
- Ideally start sometime in August
- All employees of TSP are held to the highest professional standards.
- Dedication to TSP’s mission of providing access to clean water to the people of Samburu is mandatory.
- TSP is a small office. Each employee is required to wear multiple hats, be able to troubleshoot and problem-solve, possess excellent communication skills and be a team-player.
- Hours of office operation will be 9:30am – 5:30pm, Monday – Friday and as needed on nights and weekends.
- The Marketing and Communications Associate is a part time position. Hours worked are tracked through TSP bookkeeping consultant, QBO Consulting.
- Employee is required to read and acknowledge receipt of TSP employment policies as outlined in Employee Manual.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required