91 Larkspur Street
Canal Alliance is seeking an Adult Career Education Program Supervisor. The Career Education Supervisor provides administrative and instructional leadership for the new adult Career Education program, and is responsible for ensuring the program delivers the desired outcomes. The Career Education Supervisor reports to the Director of Education. This is a full-time, exempt position. Candidates should have the ability to work Monday-Friday, including some evenings and Saturdays.
About the Organization
Canal Alliance is a nonprofit champion of immigrants who are challenged by a lack of resources and an unfamiliar environment.
We believe everyone has the right to achieve their dreams. Every day, we educate, empower, support, and partner with motivated immigrants to best meet all their unique needs—from putting food on the table, to becoming American citizens, to learning English, to graduating from college. Because when we support immigrants, Marin becomes a place where everyone can live, work, and succeed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and deliver an adult Career Education program that produces the desired student outcomes
- Train, schedule, supervise, support and evaluate paid teachers and volunteers
- Develop, select, and evaluate curriculum and instructional strategies
- Design and oversee implementation of student outreach strategy
- Design and oversee implementation of student enrollment process and placement in proper level
- Develop and coordinate course offerings
- Implement student assessment in order to measure progress toward completing program milestones
- Program data monitoring, analysis and planning
- Monitor student progress, and design and implement support strategies as needed
- Develop new partnerships and collaborate with existing partners
- Coordinate off-site classes with partners
- Participate in team and agency meetings
Knowledge, skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective adult learning theory and program administration
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective Adult Basic Education, GED / High School Equivalency programs, and Career Technical Education programs including curriculum and College Readiness Standards
- Knowledge of citizenship requirements preferred
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Bilingual in Spanish/English (required)
- High competency using Microsoft Office and data systems, and online educational programs for adult learners
- Ability to collect, analyze and use data at the student as well as program level
- Ability to focus on results and inspire staff to do the same
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish cooperative working relationships with staff, clients and partners
- Ability to function with minimal supervision, follow directions, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and manage stressful situations effectively
- Reliable transportation needed
This is a full-time position with benefits. We offer a competitive salary with a benefits package that includes 3 weeks paid vacation a year, 12 days of sick leave a year and 100% paid employee medical & dental insurance. In addition, there are 12 paid holidays annually, a 403(b) retirement plan, a Flex cafeteria plan, long term disability insurance and an employee assistance program.
Canal Alliance Equity and Inclusion Statement:
Canal Alliance actively promotes and recognizes principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, disability, ancestry and all other identities represented among our diverse employees. By appreciating the importance of inclusion, we acknowledge that the collective and individual talents, skills, and perspectives of our staff foster a culture of belonging, safety, collaborative practice, innovation, and mutual respect. Canal Alliance is committed to the transformation of attitudes and systems that deprive any person or group of these principals.
Level of Language Proficiency
Education and Experience requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, with an emphasis in education, counseling or program administration preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with adult learners
- Minimum 1 year administrative/leadership experience
- Experience working with Latino, low-income and/or immigrant communities
Minimum Education Required