District of Columbia
The Senior Project Manager, No Kid Hungry Campaign position lives at the intersection between program execution and corporate partnerships, necessitating quick-thinking and creative problem solving ability as well as strong communication to diverse stakeholders. This position is responsible for project managing strategic programmatic projects, including directly executing corporate re-grant and other program priorities like school breakfast and summer and afterschool meals, driving external outreach including diverse donor and partner relationship management, planning events to highlight program partners, and managing cross-team projects that intersect all departments across the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead execution of key programmatic projects, including:
o Develop and execute project plans and timelines to meet aggressive goals, deliverables, and deadlines.
o Work closely with organizational leadership to designate and oversee project roles and responsibilities.
o Manage key external partners and internal relationships to ensure project alignment with No Kid Hungry strategies.
o Manage event execution, including high-profile events with media, corporate partners, program partners, and other key stakeholders.
o Hire and manage external vendors and contractors, including oversight of scope of work, weekly check-ins, pace of outreach, problem solving, and prioritization.
o Lead communications to identify progress, themes, barriers and areas needed to shift to multiple audiences including funder, internal leadership, field team, grants, and consultants.
o Track progress against goals and manage project expense budgets including creation of output metrics and financial reports.
o Grants management and administration, as needed.
- Drive stewardship and development of multi-faceted partnerships, including:
o Direct outreach and collaboration with schools, school districts and local partners, including providing program expertise, technical assistance and guidance to grantees and partners.
o Identify and develop opportunities to partner effectively with national organizations to advance strategic objectives.
o Communicate regularly with corporate partners and donors to ensure funder expectations and programmatic priorities are in alignment and accurately communicated.
- Work across the organization to design process improvement and meet organizational goals, including:
o Provide strategic advice to identify internal restricted funder overlap, general process improvement and user experience with grants process.
- Collaborate across multiple teams on the development and implementation of evaluation plans to track the impact of our work and allow for continuous learning.
- Maximize knowledge from grants and program initiatives that can improve our impact.
o Work closely with Development team on corporate partner related programs, including design, proposal and report writing and budget development.
- 6-8 years of experience in non-profit program management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Very strong project management skills on projects with complex components, deliverables, and internal coordination points.
- Project Management Professional certification desired.
- Proven problem solving ability and strong capacity to handle multiple activities, events, and tasks concurrently.
- Experience working with schools and school districts, especially Food and Nutrition Services, a plus.
- Strong ability to organize own work and perform independently while closely and appropriately coordinating with team members.
- Very strong interpersonal, intercultural, and verbal/written communication skills, with the ability to tailor messaging and level of detail to different audiences.
- Poise and professionalism in working effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent information management and organizational skills, with great attention to detail.
- Demonstrated high level of reliability and follow-through.
- Solid computer skills, particularly MS Office Suite.
- Budget management skills and experience.
- Experience working with corporate partnerships preferred.
- Flexible, creative, comfortable with change, and advancing projects in a fast-paced environment.
Minimum Education Required