The Accountant is responsible for areas relating to financial data and reporting. This position performs various accounting processes necessary to maintain the organization’s financial systems and records in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and other statutory requirements in accordance with ASC’s mission, vision and values as set by the Board. The scope of duties includes but is not limited to: entering and maintaining financial data within the finance software, preparing monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages for internal and external audiences, project management, and assisting with year-end audit preparation. This full-time position reports to ASC’s Chief Financial Officer.
Responsibilities, Duties, Functions, & Tasks
- Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure. Serves as a reliable resource for general ledger information, including developing reports as needed and working with appropriate external resources.
- Reviews and posts journal entries and reconciles certain general ledger and subsidiary accounts.
- Analyzes, reconciles, and ensures the accuracy of general ledger and accounting details.
- Ensures the timely and accurate reporting of financial information on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Prepares, examines, and analyzes accounting records, financial statements, and other ad-hoc financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Facilitates and completes monthly close procedures.
- Performs budget variance analysis as needed by CFO and department heads
- Manages the preparation of accurate and timely regulatory reporting (1099’s, state sales tax reports, city small business utilization, etc.)
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- This position requires an accounting industry related bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of accounting experience; CPA certification and nonprofit experience desired
- Financial & Accounting: Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting procedures and principles. Able to prepare financial and accounting records. Able to analyze, consolidate, and interpret accounting data.
- Teamwork: Establishes effective working relationships among team members. Participates in solving problems and making decisions.
- Judgment: Makes well-reasoned and timely decisions based on careful, objective review and informed analysis of available considerations and factors. Supports decisions or recommendations with accurate information or reasoning.
- Planning and Organizing: Establishes action plans for self to accomplish specific goals. Identifies need, arranges for, and obtains resources needed to accomplish own goals and objectives. Develops and uses tracking systems for monitoring own work progress. Effectively uses resources such as time and information.
- Communication: Clearly and concisely presents and expresses ideas and information appropriate to the audience, orally and in writing. Listens actively to what others are saying to achieve understanding. Shares information with others and facilitates the open exchange of ideas and information; is open, honest, and straightforward with others.
- Problem Solving: Identifies existing and potential problems or issues. Obtains relevant information about the problem or issue, including recognizing whether more information is needed. Objectively evaluates relevant information about the problem or issue. Identifies the specific cause of the problem or issue. Develops recommendations and evaluates alternative course of action, selects courses of action, and follows up.
- Customer Service: Works with customers (any individuals who use or receive the services the Admin/Ops department produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the organization, and other external agencies) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; is committed to providing quality service. Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Is committed to continuous improvement.
- Computer skills: Must be adept in Microsoft Office365 applications, particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics / Great Plains and/or QuickBooks desired.
- Work is performed in a fast-paced office environment with frequent interruptions
- Occasionally will be asked to lift, carry, set-up and clean-up materials, up to 20 lbs.
- Attendance and participation at events and activities throughout the cultural community will be expected from time-to-time outside of normal office hours and on weekends
How to Apply
- Please email resume and cover letter with “Accountant” in the subject line to: email@example.com by November 30, 2020
- No phone calls or follow-up emails