3641 Youth Town Raod
Youth Town of Tennessee Executive Director Job Opening
Youth Town of Tennessee:
· Founded in 1962, Youth Town is a Christ-Centered, Joint Commission accredited residential treatment facility for substance abuse and co-occurring disorders for adolescents ages 12 to 17.
· Youth Town’s administrative offices are located in Pinson, TN with two treatment locations, one at the Pinson campus and another in Beech Bluff, TN.
· Youth Town produces annual revenues of $5 million via treatment fees, private donations, volunteer support and fundraising events.
· For more information, please visit www.youthtown.net
Reporting to the board of directors, the executive director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Youth Town’s staff, programs, expansion and execution of its mission. The Executive will initially develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations and business plans.
· Christ-Centered Approach
o A strong spiritual walk that aligns with Youth Town’s Christ-Centered residential approach.
· Leadership & Management
o Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals; maintain Joint Commission accreditation.
o Develop, maintain and support a strong board of directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for on-going local operations as well as for the regional/state rollout.
o Lead and manage a cross functional work force of approximately 80 including Mental Health Therapists, Compliance, Human Resources, School Principal and Teachers, Maintenance, and Direct Care Staff.
o Ensure effective systems to deliver program components and meet all compliance requirements including accreditation, credentialing, and fiscal responsibility for a substance abuse treatment facility.
o Develop and manage an annual budget of approximately $5,000,000 including achievement of revenue and expense goals on an annual basis.
Fundraising & Communication
o Increase development and fundraising including both hands-on and oversight experience in conducting special events and in building an endowment fund.
o Deepen and refine all aspects of communication – from web presence to internal communication to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
o Successful grant writing
Planning & New Business
o Visualize and provide strategic planning for program growth and expansion.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
· Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
· Strategic planning for the organization.
· Systems development skills to deliver program components and meet all compliance requirements.
· Accreditation, compliance, credentialing, and fiscal responsibility for a substance abuse treatment facility.
· Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s and / or business degree a plus).
· 5-7 years of progressive experience in similar work environments or as an Executive Director.
· Thoroughly committed to Youth Town’s mission.
· Ability to hire, manage and lead a diverse and cross functional staff.
· Ability to cultivate and nurture community support.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
Salary and Benefits:
· Commensurate with education and experience.
· Comprehensive benefits package.
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check for non-criminal reasons.
Resumes will be accepted until November 15, 2018.
Minimum Education Required