Office Manager for Leading Education Nonprofit in Oakland
- Job posted by Oakland Public Education Fund
Details: Hourly Non-Exempt Position
ABOUT THE OAKLAND PROMISE
The Oakland Promise is working to ensure that that every Oakland child will graduate from high school with the expectation, skills and resources to complete college and be successful in the career of his or her choice. Founded in 2016, the Oakland Promise is a citywide movement with over 50 implementation partners working towards our common vision. The Oakland Promise supports children and families from birth through college and career to ensure that postsecondary success is a reality for all Oaklanders. The Oakland Promise includes four programs: Brilliant Baby, Kindergarten to College (K2C), Future Centers, and College Scholarships and Completion, that provide a cradle to career continuum of college-focused supports for students. Our goal is to triple the number of college graduates from Oakland and ensure that all students, regardless of background, hold a college-bound identity. We seek a hard working, highly detail oriented individual to join our small staff in undertaking this important work.
ABOUT THE OAKLAND PUBLIC EDUCATION FUND
The Oakland Public Education Fund is the fiscal sponsor for the Oakland Promise. The Oakland Public Education Fund leads the development and investment of community resources in Oakland public schools so that all students can learn, grow, and thrive. The Office Manager will be an employee of the Oakland Public Education Fund working on the Oakland Promise.
The Oakland Promise (OP) seeks an Office Manager with excellent organizational, communication, and systems management skills and a passion for expanding opportunities for Oakland children and families to join its growing team. The Office Manager will support and assist with the development of business management goals and objectives that tend to growth, with the design and implementation business plans and strategies to promote the attainment of goals, and ensuring that OP has the adequate and suitable resources to complete its activities. The Office Manager will be responsible for collaboratively leading the operations of the organization including, but not limited to, database management, contact management, contracts, organizational systems/structures, human resources, and financial management (invoices, reimbursements, etc.). The Office Manager will work closely with Project Directors across the programs and report to the Project Director for Communications and Sustainability. An ideal candidate would have experience in the nonprofit sector, familiarity with Salesforce, and a strong connection to our mission. The Office Manager will be an integral part of the Oakland Promise team.
The Oakland Promise Office Manager is employed by the Oakland Public Education Fund and works with Oakland Promise staff. This role requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, effective time management, and creative problem solving to ensure success. The Oakland Promise includes a core staff of fifteen, working across multiple programs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Lead for Database and Contact Management
- Set up and maintain Contact Lists for programs
- Maintain MailChimp/Constant Contact for programs
- Support programs to use communications tools for outreach
2. Collaborate on Financial Management
- Lead on invoice and payment preparation & execution
- Prepare expense reimbursements as needed
- Run financial reports from Sage Intacct accounting system
- Prepare and manipulate basic budgets
- Weighing company performance and providing recommendations against monthly, quarterly, and yearly objectives.
- Reviewing financial reports to improve budgets and annual operating costs
- Monitoring budgeted financial performance benchmarks
3. Office Management
- Set up and maintain office processes, systems and supplies
- Manage office equipment, including phone system, printers, and computers
- Arrange travel and conference expenses/logistics for program staff
- Manage the Google Suite and shared folders/Drive
- Project manage hiring processes and related paperwork
4. Support Program Specific Operations
- Support scheduling for directors
- Process weekly 529 college savings account approvals for Brilliant Baby
- Process bi-monthly participant stipends for Brilliant Baby
- Process seeds for new K2C accounts and steady saver incentives for K2C 529 accounts
- Process invoices and stipends for K2C parent and teacher leaders
- Manage the innovation fund for K2C schools
- Process invoices for K2C charter schools
- Other projects as needed
5. General Operations
- Manage contract with Americorps Vista, including reporting, onboarding, and payments
- Prepare contracts under direction of relevant Program Director
- Undertake all purchasing for programs
- Work in collaboration with other Oakland Promise staff
- Maintaining confidentiality of all employee, company, and vendor/client information
- Adhering to legal guidelines and local, state, and federal laws
- Building trust and long-term relationships with managers, executives, vendors, partners and clients.
- Other duties as assigned (i.e. supporting with events)
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's or AA degree degree and a minimum of two years relevant professional experience.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to details, and ability to manage multiple competing deadlines required
- Familiarity with accounting practices and software
- Comfortable working with technology and equipment; able to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills
- Deep commitment to and passion for the vision of the Oakland Promise: That every child in
- Oakland will graduate from high school with the expectations, skills, and resources to complete college and be successful in a career of his or her choice.
- Ability to pass a fingerprint, background check, and TB test
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Proficient with Salesforce Databases
- Proficient with Google Suite tools
- Proficient with Sage Intacct accounting software
- Proficient with MailChimp and Constant Contact
- Experience with data management
- Knowledge of and connections to Oakland communities
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AT THE ED FUND
The Oakland Public Education Fund is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We also know that great candidates can bring skills to The Ed Fund that we haven't thought of, and who won't fit everything we've described above. If this is you, don't hesitate to apply, and tell us what unique contributions you can offer.
We are dedicated to improving our organization and know that part of it means to better reflect the people we serve. We are committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages and we especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance included.
- Generous Vacation and Sick Time.
- Paid Holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Failure to follow the instructions below may delay the review of your application. Applications will be reviewed immediately and candidates with the best fit will be contacted for interviews. Unfortunately, the volume of applications will prevent us from responding to all applications received. We are looking for candidates with availability to start immediately, and encourage you to apply if you are interested in and qualified for the position.
- Combine your Resume and a thoughtful Cover Letter into a single PDF file (NOT a Microsoft Word document).
- Please use your last name and first initial (eg: Doe_J) as the filename of your PDF.
- Send the PDF to email@example.com with "OAKP Office Manager - [Your Name]" as the subject line.