Position Summary: The General Preventive Program of the Children’s Aid serves 344 families in the Bronx, Harlem, Washington Heights and Staten Island. Using a multi-contextual framework we strive to strengthen families and reduce the incidence child abuse and neglect. We believe our clinical approach supported by the case management piece is crucial in addressing safety and risk issues for our families to become independent of system involvement. Social Workers assist parents/caregivers in addressing any barriers to their children’s health, safety, and well-being, so that families can stabilize, strengthen, and reduce the need for future involvement with the child welfare system. Social Worker’s primary responsibilities are to make safety-focused assessments of child and family functioning, develop intervention plans, and help families activate change in their situations. This is a wonderful opportunity for an early career social worker to gain experience in a wide range of social work areas in a very supportive environment with a strong team culture. Clinical supervision is offered for those interested.
- Maintain an average caseload of 12 families with a minimum of 2 contacts/month, 1 being in the home. Visit to all families on caseload and all children seen each month
- Provide services including family and individual therapy, advocacy (Public Assistance, Child Support, Housing, and School systems), educational monitoring, parenting support and general case management services.
- Collaborate with and refer to appropriate service providers for case coordination.
- Be responsible for maintaining up to date progress notes, completing Family Assessment and Service Plans, inputting contact data into PROMIS system, and obtaining any other documents required by ACS, such as school records and medical records.
- Participate in weekly individual supervision and monthly group supervision, other professional development activities, including trainings and workshops.
- Schedule and participate in Family Team Conferences for all cases on caseload
- Be available for some evening hours
- Attend bimonthly staff meetings
- BSW or BA in a related field required.
- Strong interest to learn Family Therapy theories and interventions from a systemically-oriented perspective.
- Commitment to working in a strengths-based framework with at-risk families and individuals.
- Self-starter: We are looking for highly motivated workers who will intervene actively and support families as needed while keeping an eye on how to build the client skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to manage many tasks and respond to crises
- Strong engagement skills and experience with children, teens, parents or families
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- 403b + employer match
- Up to 20 vacation days
- Sick days
- Personal days
- Visit us: https://www.childrensaidnyc.org
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply online through Children’s Aid website – Job ID: 003037
Children's Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.