BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences. We have 37 locations throughout the borough providing a variety of programs that offer assistance in the areas of family, children and youth support, educational services, elder care, homelessness, mental health and workforce development. We are an employer of choice for anyone interested in a meaningful career in the social services field.
BronxWorks has openings for 4 LMSW Client Care Coordinators to work in our Willow Avenue Family Shelter. The Client Care Coordinators will provide direct services to clients, including manage a caseload, completing biospsychosocial assessments, group and individual counseling, referral, coordinate services with mental health, substance use and other social service providers. Clinical Supervision from an LCSW will be available to interested and qualified Client Care Coordinators. Candidate will also act as a program contact for inquiries concerning clients. A MSW is required, but a social work license(LMSW) must be obtained within 3 months of hire. New graduates are welcome to apply and we can provide assistance studying for the licensure exam, if needed. Please email all resumes to email@example.com Opens a New Window. and cc firstname.lastname@example.org Opens a New Window. .
- Provide direct services to clients, including engagement, intake, assessment, service plan development, referral, advocacy, therapeutic counseling, reassessment, and exit summaries.
- Manage a case load for a diverse client population.
- Monitor and document client progress toward service plan goals; document all interactions with, or on behalf of, clients.
- Provide group counseling as assigned by the program director.
- Teach parenting classes as required.
- Maintain familiarity with program resources available on- and off-site.
- Coordinate client services with mental health, medical, employment, educational, child care and other social service providers.
- Review and sign off on service plans and psychosocial assessments as assigned.
- Conduct regular home and field visits as required.
- Conduct regular case conferences with clients and service providers as required.
- Assist with special projects as assigned including representing agency at interagency events.
- Act as program contact person for inquiries concerning clients.
- Assist with the supervision of paraprofessional staff.
- Supervise all office functions in the supervisor’s absence as assigned.
- Report to and meet with the supervisor on a regular basis.
- Complete program reports.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by manager.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work required.
- 1-2 years of experience working with this population preferred
- New York State LMSW certification required, or the ability to obtain license within six (6) months of hire.
- Proficiency in English required; proficiency in a second language preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills are necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other standard business technology is required.
- Ability to use a computer for prolonged periods.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk, or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb five flights of stairs, if required to conduct home visits and/or fieldwork.
- Ability to bend and retrieve objects and/or documents.
- Ability to travel in the boroughs of New York City and its adjacent counties via public transportation.
- Ability to travel for a minimum of 1 mile within a reasonable amount of time and in all types of weather, including inclement weather, if required to conduct home visits and/or field work.
BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round.
- Generous paid time off for personal, vacation, parental, and medical leave
- 12 paid holidays.
- Comprehensive medical, and life insurance coverage care for employees and their families, at little or no cost to employees.
- A pension plan that is 100% employer paid
- Two tax deferred annuity plans and employee assistance in maximizing the pension plan and tax deferred annuity plans to prepare for retirement.
- TransitChek – Employees may use TransitChek to have money taken out of their pretax salaries to pay for their public transportation commute.
- Free and confidential assessment, counseling, and referral service, to assist employees and their families with a wide range of personal problems
- Additionally, BronxWorks Offers
- A comprehensive monthly training calendarAccess to some scholarship opportunities
- Non-financial support and internship opportunities for employees who return to school, particularly for their Master of Social Work degrees
BronxWorks seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity, and in accordance with federal, state and local laws, does not discriminate unlawfully against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin (including ancestry), predisposing genetic characteristic, race, sex, gender, actual or perceived sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality), status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law. This commitment applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and employee development, placement, promotion, demotion, upgrading, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination.
Level of Language Proficiency
Advanced-level professional competency in written and spoken English language is required. Authorization to work in the United States for any employer is mandatory.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply to the Client Care Coordinator: