Details: This is a full-time position. Position open until filled. Salary commensurate with experience.
2929 Children's Way
The Marketing Communications Coordinator is responsible for coordination of Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego's ("RMHC-SD") communications strategies in marketing materials, on social media, and for raffle fundraisers.
Essential Functions (in no particular order):
• Develop, curate and monitor activity on organization's social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Conduct regular news search and peer review of social media accounts to stay current on industry best practices
• Respond to public comments and inquiries by phone, email, and direct messaging
• Interface with donors, volunteers, and guests to secure photos, videos, interviews, and photo releases for content development
• Assist with design and implementation of research surveys
• Inspect creative elements and layouts, including copy proofreading and editing
• Coordinate the development, editing and delivery of marketing materials while ensuring consistency, integrity, and sensitivity in messaging
• Coordinate the design and delivery of advertising units
• Organize and process mail-in entry forms, including data entry in ticket processing software and preparing reports for Accounting
• Secure bids/estimates and negotiate contracts with vendors
• Assist with design and preparation of reports
• Occasional grant proposals to support marketing activities
• Post-production of images and videos on digital editing software
• Attend major RMHC-SD fundraising events and support, as needed
• Comply with organization policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Data-driven, analytical thinker
• Excellent command of written English with copy accuracy
• Independent worker with strong sense of self-accountability
• Demonstrated working knowledge in marketing, public relations, or graphic design
• Experience with each of the following, including high proficiency in at least one program or discipline:
- Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Adobe Creative Cloud - Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro
- DSLR cameras, and principles of photography and videography
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments to meet deadlines.
Minimum Education Required