Details: $18 - $22/hour. Paid vacation and holidays. Employer-paid health, life, and disability insurance.
240 Commercial Street
This is a special opportunity for a dedicated mission-driven individual with broad construction experience to work on Habitat for Humanity construction sites in the Greater Boston area. If you like working outside, we’re looking for someone who enjoys working with people and can contribute to a cheerful and productive worksite while managing groups of volunteers in various construction activities.
We are a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to building simple, decent homes in partnership with low-income families who need safe and affordable housing. We believe homeownership is a vital step to help families break the cycle of poverty.
- Work with the Director of Construction to create and maintain the project schedule
- Communicate with the Director of Construction to plan volunteer days, order construction materials and equipment, and schedule subcontractors
- Maintain safe and orderly job site and job site activities
- Train and supervise Site Assistants, interns, and volunteers in residential construction tasks
- Maintain quality control and safety of all construction practices
- Document records of site activities, personnel, and expenses as required
- General knowledge of residential construction from framing to finish work
- Two years on-site residential construction experience
- Ability to simplify and teach construction methods — with patience
- Ability to manage large groups of inexperienced volunteers
- Temperament that is suitable for a volunteer-based construction site and ability to create a safe working environment that is cheerful, positive and productive
- Ability to read and execute residential blueprints
- Commitment to the Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston’s mission of building simple, decent, affordable houses for purchase by low income families
- Habitat for Humanity or other nonprofit experience a plus
- Previous volunteer management experience a plus
Minimum Education Required