New Virginia Majority (NVM), Virginia’s leading civic engagement organization, builds power in working-class communities of color across the Commonwealth. We seek conscious and skilled individuals with a deep commitment to racial and economic justice to join our team. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
New Virginia Majority is looking for an Administrative Assistant in Richmond, VA. An Ideal candidates will be highly organized, detail-oriented and self-starters who have proven leadership and management skills.
General administrative responsibilities include:
· Reviewing/sorting incoming mail.
· Tracking deadlines.
· Supports Organization operations by maintaining office systems and technical support·
· Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; designing filling systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions.
· Planning, coordinating schedules, appointments, and booking travel
· Assisting with the development and printing of presentation and meeting materials including handouts, posters, etc.
· Catering requests (ordering, set-up/breakdown)
· Maintaining a clean office environment and ordering supplies as needed
· Support our Organizing Teams both community and political
Financial administration responsibilities include:
· Assist with basic bookkeeping, bill payments, and payroll processing.
· Check and verify source documents such as invoices, receipts, computer printouts
· Maintain complete filing system to support financial records.
· Assist with financial reporting.
Voter Registration administrative responsibilities include:
- Assists in hiring process – checking, reference, processing paperwork; provides new hires with employment information and office procedures.
- Responsible for timely filing completed reports as may be required under state law or regulation
- Manage data entry and making sure all forms are being entered and processed on time.
- Keeps records and tracks all Voter Registration Forms in their office.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Special Projects (Demographic and political research; providing background information)
- Committed to New Virginia Majority’s mission of social, racial and economic justice
· Minimum 1-3 years’ work experience
· Knowledge of bookkeeping practices
· Knowledge of relevant computer applications and software (word processing, spreadsheets, QuickBooks)
· Knowledge of accounting, data, and administrative management practices and procedure
- Strong analytical skills, excellent verbal communication, written skills, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines; able to develop and move projects forward with independence and autonomy.
- Self-motivated and works well both independently and on a team
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, manage multiple projects
- Must be able to think critically (out of the box) and also be able to pay complete attention to details
- Ability to take direction and constructive feedback
- Bilingual in Spanish and English languages is preferred
· Valid driver’s license and vehicle
Hourly compensation depending on experience, and comes with an excellent benefits package, including health, vision, dental, and stipends for phone and transportation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position name.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only those applicants considered for interviews consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
New Virginia Majority (NVM), Virginia’s leading civic engagement organization, builds power in working-class communities of color across the Commonwealth. We organizes in communities year-round for racial, economic, and environmental justice through political education, mass-scale voter outreach, mobilization, and intensive leadership development around dozens of issues. We fight for a Virginia that is just, democratic and environmentally sustainable. We are an equal opportunity employer.