The Senior Associate of Communications reports to the Director of Communications and is a key member of the team, responsible for ensuring the highest quality marketing content for the agency.
- Manage online communications activities, including regularly updating and creating content for the JASA website, digital marketing pieces, and social media.
- Design print and digital marketing materials for the agency, individual programs, and events.
- Create, edit, and produce video content to share on various platforms.
- Create, build, and manage relationships with social media influencers
- Expand the corporate relations program, including exploring funding opportunities, managing relationships, and coordinating group events.
- Identify opportunities for JASA Speakers Bureau experts to share information at educational and corporate events.
- Manage vendor relationships, including designers, printers, mail houses, signage and promotional item companies, photographers, and videographers by negotiating costs and ensuring high-quality, timely results.
- Identify, coordinate, solicit, and manage local press opportunities in concert with JASA program staffers.
- Work closely with JASA leadership to identify leaders, program staff, and clients to elicit stories.
- Work with PR consultants to coordinate regional and national coverage.
- Act as liaison between PR consultants and JASA leadership.
- Announce press coverage and create reports to the Board of Trustees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment on sensitive issues
- Highly proactive, organized, efficient, detail-oriented, able to follow instructions
- Proven ability to multitask successfully and meet deadlines
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Knowledge and familiarity of Microsoft Office, Google Systems, and Adobe programs
- Graphic design (InDesign) and video editing skills are highly desirable.
- Experience working with the media is preferred.
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Senior Associate of Communications” in the subject line.
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSES OF ADAAA
JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment