Details: Overtime is frequently incurred
Do you thrive when catalyzing a team to collectively achieve success? Do you enjoy supporting team members in growing their knowledge and skills? Do you think on your feet, anticipating, identifying, and addressing challenges as they arise?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, we want to receive your resume for our available Work Crew Site Supervisor position!
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 5,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 10,000 participants annually.
Who We’re Looking For
CEO is hiring a Work Crew Site Supervisor who will be responsible for training, coaching, and supervising a team of up to 7 program participants on a transitional work crew. In addition, Site Supervisors are responsible for creating environments that promote safe working conditions, enable the development of participants, and foster high morale across the team.
Ideal candidates will be comfortable traveling throughout the Detroit area, be experienced in a skilled trade, and have a proven track record of leading teams to success.
Site Supervisor work hours are typically 7:00AM-3:30PM on every weekday (M-F). There are approximately 250 work days per year.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
Key responsibilities of the Site Supervisor include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring customers’ work orders are completed to a high standard on a daily basis
- Establishing and maintaining positive staff morale through the modeling of sound leadership and teamwork
- Assigning job duties to crew members and setting reasonable goals for completion
- Monitoring crew members on job performance and productivity, providing appropriate feedback and/or additional training as needed
- Mentoring crew members on appropriate employment etiquette
- Maintaining line of sight of all participants
- Maintaining a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Monitoring working conditions for potential hazards, reporting any matters that threaten the smooth operation of the training crew to your supervisor
- Completing any necessary daily reporting tasks
- Actively consider participants' viewpoints in the case management process by eliciting participant feedback, documenting feedback, adjusting practice based on feedback, sharing feedback with appropriate team members, and circling back with participants about changes and improvements made as a result of their feedback
Skills and Attributes You’ll Need to Be Successful
- Demonstrated commitment to CEO’s mission and interest in working for a fast-growing, results-oriented organization
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with individuals of varying backgrounds and experiences
- Ability to lead and motivate a team and resolve conflicts constructively
- Ability to analyze, solve routine problems, and make decisions
- Ability to foster strong team spirit and focus on achieving collective results
- Ability to identify the steps of a project, set appropriate deadlines, identify the necessary resources, and hold self and others accountable to outcomes and deadlines
- Respect, fairness, and patience
- Ability to oversee and participate in debris removal on assigned properties
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and at a sustained pace
- High school diploma
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- 2-4 years of supervisory experience of similar work
- 4+ years of experience in general labor, construction, landscaping, property preservation, or other skilled trades; experience operating site equipment
- Experience in neighborhood beautification, cleanup of vacant lots
- Geographic knowledge of Detroit
- Previous safety training preferable, though training will be provided to hired candidate
- Must be able to:
- Consistently lift and move objects up to 75 pounds
- Stand, kneel, bend, and climb in order to complete projects
- Work indoors and outdoors
- Walk or stand for long periods of time
- Drive a 12 passenger van with an attached trailer
CEO is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. Learn more at ceoworks.org.
Team members can also access CEO’s comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your application materials using the link provided. Please note: our application portal is optimized for use with Google Chrome.