119 Myrtle Street
The Postsecondary Success Coordinator is one of two coordinators responsible for managing and implementing Crossroads college and career programming. The focus of the Success Coordinator is to arm our participants with the knowledge and resources to combat potential barriers and obstacles standing in the way of their future success. The Coordinator will work one-to-one with each participant and their family, beginning in 11th grade, to create and actualize an action plan after high school. As high school concludes, the Success Coordinator will work to transition participants into appropriate support programs, ensuring they have continued guidance no matter where they land after high school. In addition, the Success Coordinator will be responsible for creating and implementing group programming during school year Pathways weekends, the Summer college tour, and at summer camp. Finally, the Success Coordinator will be integral in continuing to build, evaluate and analyze the success program, ensuring it aligns with emerging best practices and strategies in the access and postsecondary success field.
Key Accountabilities (in order of importance): The Postsecondary Success Coordinator, one of a two person team, is held accountable for producing results in the following five performance areas:
1. Build a culture of success, focused on postsecondary planning.
2. Deliver individualized coaching sessions for high school juniors and seniors.
3. Create, manage and implement Crossroads college and career programming.
4. Build partnerships with success and persistence programs.
5. Track participant plans and postsecondary success.
The position requires working some evenings and weekends, as well as a Tuesday - Saturday weekly schedule. Staff should also be prepared to work and live on-site in the summer for up to 6 days a week, for a minimum of 3 weeks. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Guide, support and track all student participants throughout the entire success program
● Build healthy relationships with participants to support guidance and advisement in planning
● Maintain database to track participation and outcome measures
● Ensure youth are prepared for success upon graduation from our programming
● Plan and facilitate year round programming, including weekend events, after-school workshops and significant summer experiences for up to 200 youth at a time
● Collaborate with Crossroads’ staff to maintain relationships with partner organizations
● Provide coaching sessions to each participant, ensuring they have a plan in place for postsecondary success
● Transition students to postsecondary success programs to support continued persistence, as needed
● Evaluate outcome measures and develop an action plan to target areas of strategic growth needed
● Ensure that annual programming is implemented in accordance with Crossroads best practice
Knowledge & Skills
The position requires a strong work ethic, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and professionalism to succeed.
● Strong motivation to support and develop others with experiences that result in academic, career and life success
● People-orientation, and respect for working with others across diverse populations
● Versatility to handle dynamic change and multi-task
● Initiative and ability to think strategically to achieve outcomes
● Work in a data-driven and process-driven organization
● Empathy toward others and social-emotional skills
● Self-management (setting goals, managing time and priorities)
● Writing and presentation skills
● Ability to travel to communities around Boston - a valid driver’s license is required
● Capable of hiking and walking to all activity areas of the Crossroads’ camps
● Ability to lift 40 pounds and carry a distance of 50 or more feet
Education & Experience
● Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field
● 2 years of experience coaching or working with first-generation college students
● Experience developing trusting relationships with high school students from diverse backgrounds
● Experience in group facilitation and experiential learning
Crossroads offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a personalized cover letter and resume to email@example.com ,