4 Florence Street
Are you a passionate, hardworking, and self-directed individual? Are you looking for a rewarding career in health care? The Sparklers want you to join our Team.
Our client is a 19-year old male currently residing in the Alta Vista area. Since being involved in an accident he is living with an acquired brain injury. His interests include classic movies, music, games, sports, cooking, reading, socializing, and living a healthy lifestyle.
We are looking for someone to join our Rehabilitation Assistant Team. Duties would include implementing symptom management strategies, assisting with physiotherapist exercises and programming, assisting with social and community integration goals. The successful candidate will have experience: working with clients living with a brain injury, working as part of a multidisciplinary team, and addressing behavior and social inappropriateness. They will be able to anticipate and meet needs in the moment, have a tough skin and are able to work under regimented protocols. The successful candidate will also require access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license.
Fridays from 3-6pm
Sundays from 10am-1pm
* Some paid travel time is included
Rate of Pay: $28/hr
Spark is looking to hire motivated, dedicated, and experienced Rehabilitation Assistants. In this role, you’ll be supporting individuals in the community living with acquired brain injuries, addictions, varying mental illnesses, and/or behavioural challenges.
Our Rehabilitation Assistants are trained to aid in the rehabilitation process by implementing strategies that work towards client’s goals. They complete ongoing documentation, update treatment team members, follow a specialized care plan and attend care meetings.
Our Team and Culture
People spend more than one third of their lives at work. At Spark, we look beyond your position. We want to get to know you, what your passions are, and we help foster personal growth. As a member of Team Spark, you are much more than a contractor. Spark is a workplace where everyone, you included, can live your best life. While working independently the community, we offer team socials and innovative learning opportunities. Work hard, play hard.
Why Choose Spark?
No matter our clients’ age, background, or circumstances, we match them with caregivers who will empower them live their best lives. We learn who our clients are, what they need, and where they want to go. We help them choose the perfect fit from our handpicked team of passionate, skilled and committed caregivers. As a caregiver with Spark, you get a say in the matching process. We believe that a two-sided match will foster the best long-term relationships.
At Spark, we take care of our people. We believe in promoting from within and growth within the organization.
- Work as a member of the rehabilitation team under the supervision of and with occupational therapists (OTs), physiotherapists (PTs) and/ or speech-language pathologists (SLPs).
- Work with a variety of client populations (varying ages, diagnoses and impairments).
- Support clients to develop, maintain and/or restore physical, psychosocial, and cognitive and/or communication skills.
- Assist clients with established rehabilitative activities and programs such as task analysis, goal setting, relaxation exercises, energy conservation, walking, activities of daily living and cognitive rehabilitation exercises.
- Complete weekly session notes – noting observations and progress according to established rehabilitation goals.
- Communicate regularly with the rehabilitation team.
- Communicate concerns and/or changes regarding client condition in a timely manner.
- Complete comprehensive progress reports every 12 - 16 weeks to update the rehabilitation team on goal progress and next steps.
- Cover letter outlining why you would be a great match for Spark. Tell us who you are!
- Valid First Aid and CPR level C certification
- Smartphone with a data plan
- Criminal Record & Vulnerable Sector Check (within the last 12 months)
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Personal vehicle and a valid driver's license
- University or College education in a related field
Because we receive so many applications, only candidates that meet the requirements will be considered.
Minimum Education Required