Habitat ReStore Truck Driver
Details: $13-$15 per hour
200 Blair Mill Road
Description: This position is a physically demanding role that is primarily responsible for, but not limited to the pick-up of merchandise from donors, safely packing the merchandise in the ReStore truck and trailer, returning to ReStore and unpacking merchandise.
Employee Status: Non-exempt, hourly at 30 hours per week
1. General Duties
- Drive HabitatMontDelco vehicles to pick-up donated goods
- Load and unload all donated materials working collaboratively and professionally with ReStore staff and or volunteers
- Screen for product usability.
- Communicating with ReStore Manager and ReStore staff regarding incoming donations.
- Occasionally supervising volunteers, making their experience meaningful.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with ReStore staff, volunteers, Habitat homeowners and ReStore customers.
- Maintain donation acceptance documentation and refusal of donation verification and documentation
- Work is performed in a retail/warehouse environment
- Answer truck phone and provide ReStore information, able to utilize logistics technology
- Maintenance of the ReStore truck- interior and exterior- keeping it neat and clean
2. Other Duties as Assigned by the ReStore Manager
3. Required Skills / Experience
- Professional interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to relate and interact with individuals of rich diversity and varying skill sets
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., stand squat, bend and climb in/out of truck on a daily 8 hour basis Ability to spend majority of the day standing or moving about ReStore. Work may require climbing ladders, considerable standing, bending, kneeling, and reaching in awkward and tiring positions.
- Ability to work outside and inside in all weather conditions
- Ability to drive a box truck with knowledge of basic furniture moving techniques
- Ability to use technology as needed and required
- Must have good anticipatory abilities and personally act on same as need arises.
- Must be willing to understand the big picture of the HFHI mission and know that ReStore is only a part of the larger goal.
- Must pass Criminal Background Check and Sexual Offender/Child Abuse Clearances.
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of six months’ work experience
- Must have a drivers license and maintain a good driving record, and preferred to be at least 25 years old as per required with vehicle rentals
Full benefits: vacation, health, retirement available.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply