680 Craig Road, Suite 245
Organization Overview VOYCE provides free assistance to families and individuals seeking long-term care for loved ones, as well as advocacy services for those living in long-term care settings. Advocacy services are available to the 22,000 individuals who reside in more than 300 skilled nursing, assisted living and residential care communities in 21 counties in Greater St. Louis and northeast Missouri.
Customer Service and Office Support (20%)
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service and sensitivity in answering phones, determining the nature of the call, transferring the caller to the appropriate staff person, taking messages, setting expectations for call backs and greeting visitors.
- Process daily mail, make copies of all deposits, log receipt of all revenue to prepare deposit slip.
- Sort incoming invoices for payment and submit to accountant for processing.
- Manage literature and supply inventory, order replenishments and keep reception storage area and storage room fully stocked.
- Maintain and update greeting for phone system including Holiday greetings.
- Maintain conference room scheduling.
- Respond to volunteer inquires.
- Recruit and supervise work of office volunteers.
Special Event Collateral Production and Development Support (40%)
- Create invitations, event programs, sponsorship brochures, caregiver nomination forms, PowerPoint presentations, certificates, seat assignments and other event collateral to support all special events including the Caregiver Awards Luncheon, the Long Term Care Conference and Volunteer Awards event.
Donor Communications and Tracking (20%)
- Conduct mail merges for 1-2 mailings a month for sponsorship solicitation, annual appeals and other constituent and donor correspondence.
- Send follow up thank you letters to all donor within 48 hours.
- Maintain and update all databases in database management system to track donors, memorials, sponsors and advertisers. Become proficient in Salesforce and run reports for donor analysis and annual appeals as needed. Download data from QGiv into Salesforce.
- Support all fund development activities including donor/sponsor cultivation, event management, third party event coordination and directory ad sales.
Human Resources Support/Volunteer Data Management (10%)
- Manage health insurance enrollment and annual contract renewal
- Create and maintain database in Access to track all volunteer data including recruitment, background checks, shadowing, training, placement, onsite evaluations, continuing education, professional monthly development, resignations, retirements, etc.
- Coordinate all background checks for volunteers and conduct I-9 checks.
Computer and Equipment Support (10%)
- Coordinate maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of office equipment and phone system.
- Provide computer/network/DSL support and troubleshooting by acting as a liaison to third party computer support.
- Conduct basic installs of computers, printers and software under guidance of third-party computer support vendor.
- Maintain and update office software and antivirus software as needed.
· Assist with other special projects and assignments as designated by the Executive Director.
- Mild Exertion (Lifting up to 35 pounds)
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor degree required. Concentration in office administration a plus.
- Three years experience in a clerical/administrative capacity.
- Exhibits strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate high proficiencies in Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Word, Publisher, Outlook, Excel and Access. Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Must be an expert in creating mail merges and labels with on-the-job experience.
- Experience in computer trouble shooting in an office environment.
- Desktop Publishing skills.
- Have valid driver’s license and be able to use own vehicle with insurance to travel.
- No prior criminal record. Must successfully complete background checks.
Competencies and Skills:
- Creative, self-starter with the ability to work effectively as a member of a team with excellent management and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational ability to handle multiple demands and respond to changing priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision regarding timelines.
- Strong problem solving, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff, board members, volunteers and the public.
- High attention to accuracy and a passion for excellence.
- Maintain confidentiality in client contact.
- Passion for helping seniors.
Submission of Resume:
Qualified applicants should submit their resume, cover letter, salary history and salary expectation to the following:
Mary Lynn Faunda Donovan
680 Craig Road, Suite 245
St. Louis, MO 63141
Minimum Education Required