The Lead Audio Engineer is involved in every aspect of audio production including live recording, studio and field audio engineering for broadcast, live event support, post-production and equipment maintenance. The position requires demonstrated ability in all areas of responsibility and must demonstrate high technical proficiency in addition to being creative and organized. Will be required to interface with all levels of Trinity staff, clergy, vestry, and congregation and must demonstrate excellent client service skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary audio engineer for event production. Will function as an audio operator in both house and control room environments depending upon event requirements.
- Lead recording engineer for music related projects. This will require participation in all phases of production.
- Responsible for documenting and reporting any audio or workflow issues or improvements that come up in a live production.
- Project lead for audio related projects
- Provide training and instruction to colleagues and new employees, as needed.
- Assists Senior Audio Systems Engineer on new equipment installation, testing and maintenance.
- Event Support: Able to work as robotic camera operator or stage manager
- Adhere to confidentiality rules and all other Trinity Wall Street policies, procedures and rules.
- Perform all duties in a manner that promote Trinity’s mission and core values.
- Assume other related responsibilities and special projects as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Understanding of all aspects of audio production and engineering.
- Able to operate: Solid State Logic mixers, audio processing equipment (Avid Pro Tools) and recording devices.
- Dante Certification and familiarity with Dante Domain Manager
- Experience in planning, engineering, installation and testing of audio equipment.
- Experience in live broadcast production operation and telecasting.
- Solid understanding of non-linear editing and audio processing equipment.
- Understanding of music and audio theory.
- Understanding of Episcopal liturgy.
- Able to work without supervision.
- Job requires working Sundays, holidays and some evenings.
- Must be able to provide specific documentation of technical training and audio experience.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT RELATIONSHIPS
This position reports to the Manager of Production Operations for event production, performance, and quality of product. This position is an indirect report to the Senior Manager of Engineering for duties related to maintenance and training.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CREDENTIALS
- Minimum 10 years experience in audio production.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Dante Certification