Santa Clara Family Health Plan (SCFHP) is a local, community-based health plan dedicated to improving the health and well-being of the residents of Santa Clara County. SCFHP's mission is to provide high-quality, comprehensive healthcare coverage for those who do not have access to or are not able to purchase, good healthcare at an affordable price.
About the role:
The Manager of Administrative Services is responsible for providing support to the CEO, and supervises coordinates, and provides leadership to the administrative services team performing a wide variety of multiple, routine to moderately complex administrative support activities.
The Manager of Administrative Services is the primary administrative liaison between the Executive Staff and outside entities, and is responsible for the preparation of meeting agendas and minutes for the Health Authority Board and Committees while maintaining a focus on quality of service, compliance, and efficiency, in accordance with performance measures and established procedures.
Day to Day:
- Supervise administrative assistants and reception staff, ensuring adequate cross-training to seamlessly provide back-up in the absence of a team member; ensure staffing of the front lobby during business hours to greet and serve members and visitors.
- Developing a high-performing department, culture, and staff, with a focus on accurate, quality work. This includes setting the standard for staff/peers and motivating employees to maximize organizational goals and objectives.
- Able to understand health care-related, legal, social, and political issues and their implications.
- Perform a variety of complex administrative tasks to support the Executive Staff, some of which may be highly confidential and sensitive in nature.
- Prepare documents, presentations, and correspondence, including editing, revisions, and finalization.
- Take minutes for the Health Authority Board and Committees of the Governing Board and perform the following duties, with the support of the administrative team.
- Effectively assimilating, training, and mentoring staff and (when appropriate), cross-training existing staff and initiating retraining. This includes coaching to help increase skills, knowledge and (if applicable) improve performance.
We're looking for an experienced professional!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Five to ten years of experience supporting executives or senior officers and, minimum of two years of experience supervising administrative staff, including the ability train, delegate, and manage administrative workflow by providing concise instruction/direction.
- High business acumen with strong computer skills and ability to gather and analyze data, write reports and organize work efficiently
- Ability to understand healthcare-related, legal, social, and political issues and their implications.
- Excellent communications skills including the ability to express oneself clearly and concisely over the telephone, in person, or in writing with SCFHP staff, Board Members, State, County, business associates, and legal counsel when communicating on behalf of the Executive Office.
Please review the full job description on our Career’s page: