For over 40 years, Children's Council has been at the heart of child care in San Francisco. Our mission is to connect families to child care that meets their needs and to work with parents, providers and community partners to make quality child care and early education a reality for all children in our city. We believe all families need access to quality, affordable child care. Parents need reliable child care so they can work, and children need nurturing care and early education to prepare them for school and for life. If you want to be a child care champion in our community, we want you on our team.
The Child Care Provider Relationship Coordinator is central to our ability to offer families high-quality child care referrals and to support ECE programs’ marketing efforts. S/he/they will build and maintain excellent relationships with ECE programs and ensure that we have comprehensive profile information for all licensed ECE programs in San Francisco. The Coordinator is a key point of contact with a diverse group of ECE programs, connecting them to the array of programmatic supports Children’s Council offers and improving the coordination and accuracy of ECE program data within and across teams.
Key qualities to have:
- You are a critical thinker who is committed to streamlining administrative processes and continual program improvement
- You collaborate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures
- You are invested in the success of our customers and clients
- You are strategic, tenacious, and you are always willing to go the extra mile
The Child Care Provider Relationship Coordinator has two core responsibilities: The first is to ensure all Children’s Council programs have consistent, comprehensive and accurate information about all licensed ECE programs in San Francisco. The second is to foster greater organization-wide knowledge of services for ECE programs. In the context of those broad responsibilities, the Coordinator will:
- Build relationships with new and existing licensed ECE programs to convey the value of sharing data with Children’s Council as a way to market their services to families
- Maintain organization-wide knowledge of Children’s Council’s services for ECE programs; maintain communication materials that effectively convey our services
- Serve as point of contact for general ECE program inquiries
- Analyze current data collection processes across systems and teams and build support for, and coordinate efforts to streamline processes, while maintaining accurate, organization-wide data
- Coordinate regular data collection from all licensed ECE programs, executed by Resource & Referral, Help Desk and/or other staff
- Track internal and external needs, outcomes, and data for internal reflection and reports to funders and other stakeholders
- Other duties as needed to reach our mission
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college
- Excellent analytical, database management, and spreadsheet (Excel) skills required.
- Two to four years’ prior experience with database, applications, or systems management
- Strong analytical and systems-improvement skills
- Intermediate computer skills and intermediate proficiency in MS Office, specifically Excel
- Ability to work independently, adhere to priorities and meet multiple deadlines
- Excellent skills in working with a diverse population of staff and community
- Demonstrated ability to influence and secure buy-in from peers
- Mental acuity to perform the essential functions of this position in an accurate and timely fashion
- Dexterity to use office equipment; the ability to sit and work at a desk for extended periods of time
- Ability to speak, hear, and understand speech at normal room levels
- Physical agility to bend, stoop, walk, climb four flights of stairs if required
13 paid holidays, 22 PTO Days and employer-paid medical, dental and vision benefits for the employee after 30 days of work.
Minimum Education Required