114 South Washington Street
The Eastern Shore Land Conservancy seeks qualified candidates for the full-time position of Major Gifts Specialist. This position will lead and manage the planning, execution, and management of ESLC donor relationships under the supervision of the Director of Advancement and Admin. This includes focus on ESLC’s major donor fund development program including: donor acquisition; annual funds; Capital Campaign; annual giving program; planned giving; major gifts from individuals; corporate and foundation giving; and staff team leadership. The Supporter and Donor Specialist will coordinate ESLC engagement, recruitment, management, and tracking of potential and existing major donors. Support elements include: donor stewardship, gift acknowledgement; database entry; donor research and Advancement support.
· Undergraduate or Graduate degree and 3-5 years’ experience in fundraising; outreach; major donor cultivation; philanthropy; or similar field;
· Experience in managing donor relationships, outreach, and fundraising;
· Experience with team management and collaboration;
· Desire to contribute to and lead high-performing teams and partnerships; ability to run effective and efficient meetings that achieve clearly defined objectives and outcomes;
· Comfort with technology is a plus.
· This position will be lead, train, and coordinate the staff Major Donor team for maximum effectiveness;
· Work closely with Director of Advancement and Admin (DOAA) to develop operational plans for Major Donor activities including components of ESLC annual work plans;
· Work with DOAA and senior leadership team in discussions of strategic issues pertaining to major donors;
· Work with DOAA to achieve all annual Major Donor goals including annual fund, restricted, planned giving, and events;
· Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors;
· Manage achievement of other Advancement goals as they emerge;
· Work with DOAA to achieve planned giving goals in ESLC’s annual workplan, and strategic plan;
· Work with Board of Directors and Friends of the Conservancy to promote Advancement efforts;
· Report on monthly progress towards goals.
· Serve as back-up for gift entry and daily donor correspondence processing.
· Workplace: Works with program and project teams to make ESLC a collaborative, diverse, and effective organization as well as an inspiring, fun, and rewarding environment;
· Ambassador and steward: Promotes ESLC’s work and vision by representing the organization to external audiences;
· Other duties as assigned.
Paid vacation and sick leave
Flexible work environment
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three references to email@example.com with “Major Gifts Specialist” in the subject line.
ESLC is an equal opportunity "at‐will" employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities based upon an individual's ability and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, citizenship, ancestry, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, mental or physical disability. For more information about ESLC and our work, please visit www.eslc.org.